Finally, March gives us a glimpse of spring and warmth.
With spring in its earliest phase, it gives time for celebration. There is a renewal of the world as things start to rejuvenate. It’s also time to celebrate!
March brings St. Patrick’s Day—a celebration of life, leprechauns and a pot of gold at the rainbow’s end.
There are so many do-it-yourself decoration ideas, especially if you are ready to visit the nearby Dollar Store and get a basket full of charms. ( by the way, if you are not feeling confident about the outcome, you can always shop for some great decorations HERE )
From felt to plant pots, there are many things in your everyday life that you can spice up and make a St. Patrick’s Day theme.
So enjoy this holiday and decorate your house using some of these great ideas.
1. Create a Festive St. Patrick’s Day Door Wreath
Felt is super easy to cut some shamrocks from. Then arrange them on a door wreath base and hang on your door.
via DIY Playbook
2. Celebrate St. Patrick’s with a Rustic Burlap Door Wreath
If your home has a more country feel, try this burlap door wreath. The green shamrocks give it a subtle but appropriate St. Patrick’s Day.
3. Make Leprechaun Hats Out of Clay Pots
Clay pots make perfect hats. Paint them green and add a belt for a leprechaun look.
4. Craft a Festive St. Patrick’s Day Tree with Cupcake Liners
Do you have any green cupcake liners? Make them into a St. Patrick’s Day mini tree. Add a green shamrock on top to complete the look.
5. Decorate Porch with a Mesh Wreath and Leprechaun Hat
Mesh is the ultimate fluffy material for a wreath. Then add a leprechaun hat to your door for a great front door decoration.
6. Add Holiday Cheer to Furniture with Shamrock Pillows
Spice up your chairs and couch. Turn these basic pillows into holiday pillows by sewing on shamrocks.
7. Decorative St. Patrick’s Day Flower Balls
Dollar Store flowers are perfect for making these green and white flower balls. Add them around your house to give the Patricks day touch.
8. Decorate Front Door Planter with Shamrocks and Ribbon
It’s too early in spring to plant anything outdoors. So try this DIY planter decoration by adding Dollar Store shamrocks and ribbon to your front door planter.
9. Make DIY St. Patrick’s Day Streamers
Make streamers from green cardstock. They can be hung anywhere and are excellent for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
via Studio DIY
10. Create a St. Patrick’s Day Centerpiece
Make the beautiful centerpiece for your St. Patrick’s party. Turn a dollar store leprechaun hat upside down and add Dollar Store flowers.
11. Start Your Party with a Scary Door Popper
These poppers are for your door. Give your party guests a scare by making a popper that busts green confetti when they come in the door.
via Studio DIY
12. Decorate with Dollar Store Lanterns for St. Patrick’s Day
Dollar Store lanterns are a magnificent base for decoration. Then add green plastic grass, lights and shamrocks.
13. Adorn Wall with a Gold and Green Shamrock Hanging
Need a wall hanging for your decoration? This picture is made with green cardstock shamrocks and gold shimmering LUCKY letters.
14. St. Patrick’s Day Wire Shamrock Wreath
Dollar stores sell these sweet wire shamrock wreaths. They can be spiced up with a little ribbon bow.
15. Revamp Your Front Door with a Green Flower Basket
Give your front door a new look with this basket. Add a dollar store felt sign to the front and fill with flowers.
16. Make a Personalized Irish-Themed Door Stringer
This door stringer is simply made from felt shamrocks, felt letters and an oversized shamrock at the bottom. You can even personalize it with the first character of your family’s last name.
17. Inexpensive St. Patrick’s Day Garland
This garland is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. And it is inexpensively bought at the dollar store.
18. Bring Festive Cheer with a Framed Moss Shamrock
Green moss is brilliant for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. Frame it in glass and make it a centerpiece wall hanging for your celebration.
via Show and Tell U
19. Use a Cardstock to Print St. Patrick’s Day Decor
This simple decoration is easily printed on cardstock. Then cut it out and frame it. Simple but pretty!
via Sugar To Designs
20. Make a Glitter Shamrock Garland
Classic paper is a great background for green shamrocks. They are also simple to string together for an awesome St. Patrick’s Day banner.
via Lolly Jane
21. Add a Shimmering Shamrock to Framed Moss
Fake moss makes a great green background. Then a gold or white shamrock on top complete the holiday look.
via Oh My Creative
22. Make DIY Irish-Inspired Mason Jar Snow Globes
Mason jars are adorable little snow globes. Then add a green pasture with white cotton ball sheep. Little rocks complete the look and give it an Ireland feel.
23. Decorate Your Mugs with Shamrock Art
To make these luck of the Irish coffee mugs, use a gold sharpie and cardstock cut in a shamrock shape. Place the cardstock shamrock on the mug and dot around it with the sharpie. Bake them at 425 for 15 minutes to make it stay.
24. Symbolize Ireland’s Colors with a White Floral Touch
The Irish flag is orange, white and green. These jars embody that. Then the white flowers up top create a finished look.
via Mason Jar Crafts
25. Festive Shamrock Banner with Burlap Strand
This simple banner is made from green cardstock shamrocks and brown burlap string.
26. Decorate Your Entryway with a Leprechaun Hat Topiary
Dollar store leprechaun hats create a perfect tophat tree for your entryway.
27. Make a Leprechaun Wreath
Create this leprechaun wreath by tying orange mesh around a wreath ring. This makes the leprechauns an orange beard. Then add a green leprechaun hat.
via Dollar Tree
28. Make a Colorful Felt Table Runner
This easy to make and new sewing required table runner is made from felt.
via Ribbons and Glue
29. Bring Rustic Charm with Mason Jar Pots of Gold
For party favors make these mason jars filled with coins. It’s their prize at the end of the rainbow.
via Polka Dot Chair
30. Create a Unique Rainbow Balloons Wreath
Tie balloons around a wreath ring. They give a perfect flair for a wreath. Plus it is cheap and easy to make.
via Hoosier Homemade
31. Add Multi-Toned Ribbons to Your Wreath
Green ribbon can easily be tied around a wreath base to make a simple door hanging.
32. Adorn a Table with a Shamrock Mason Jar Centerpiece
Make this table centerpiece with shamrocks cut from cardstock and a mason jar.
33. Creatively Arrange Flowers to Make a Shamrock
Green flowers from the Dollar store make great centerpieces.
34. Stunning Table Centerpieces with Gold Mason Jars
Paint the inside of mason jars gold. Then put mini green shamrocks on them. Add flowers for perfect table centerpieces.
35. Handcrafted Shamrock Wreath with White Bow
This shamrock wreath is made from wire and fabric wrapped around. A large white bow is perfect for the middle.
36. Celebrate with a Slogan and Split Peas Green Frame
Keep calm and kiss me is the perfect saying for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration! Add split peas glued around the edge for a green frame.
37. Create a Rustic St. Patrick’s Ribbon Wreath
Try rolling ribbon into circles. Then after you have a bunch, glue them on a wreath ring. That is how you construct this wreath.
38. Create a Wire Wreath with Elegant Ribbons
This ribbon wreath is made by tying perfect bows on a wreath ring. By rotating the colors it gives it an extra spark but also looks consistent.
39. Turn a Clay Pot into a Floral Leprechaun Centerpiece
Make this centerpiece by turning a pot upside down. Paint it green and add the leprechaun hat buckle. Then add the flowers in the top.
40. Chic and Festive Centerpiece with Ribbon and Candle
For another centerpiece use ribbon around the base to make it very green. Then add a candle jar in the middle. Put more green decor in it.
41. St. Patrick’s Day Wire Mesh Shamrock Wreath
This Dollar Store wreath is made with a grass shamrock in the middle. Surrounded by a ribbon that is gold and green.
via Made in a Day
42. Add Name Tags to Your Leprechaun Hats
For a large party with place settings, try this green potting plant idea. Paint the pot green and turn it into a leprechaun hat. Then add the name tags.
43. Transform Your Pot of Gold with Black
Use a potting plant and paint it black and gold. Fill it with rolls to give the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow effect.
via THE 36TH AVENUE
44. Make a Rustic St. Patrick’s Day Centerpiece
For a rustic look, try these white mason jars wrapped in burlap. To add to the St. Patricks day look, paint LUCK in green on the burlap.
45. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Shamrock Tree
Trees aren’t just for Christmas. Try making a million shamrocks from felt. Then arrange them in a tree form for a great St. Patricks day decoration.
via Lolly Jane
46. Create a St. Patrick’s Day Table with Potted Plants
For a whole St. Patricks Day table, plant green plants in multi-colored pots. Add gold coins around for the pot of gold look.
47. Uniquely Crafted Shamrock Tree in a Jar
This jar has shamrock fabric wrapped around it. Inside is a tree made from green shamrocks.
48. Make a Rustic Vase Centerpiece with Twigs
Use St. Patricks Day M&M’s for decor in a glass vase. Then add rustic small tree twigs and glue on green shamrocks.
49. Add Leprechaun Hats and Ribbons to Your Wreath
This door wreath is easy to construct by adding a green ribbon and a leprechaun hat.
50. Create a St. Patrick’s Day Centerpiece with Baubles
Green Christmas ornaments make the ideal base for this centerpiece. Complete it with green shamrocks and large green dollar store twigs.
51. Decorate a White Jar with Green Shamrocks and Ribbon
Paint a jar white and put green shamrocks on it. Then add large green shamrocks and ribbon.
52. Bring Elegance with St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Gnome
This hilarious leprechaun centerpiece uses orange fur to make a beard. Then a green leprechaun hat on top. Add coins and a nose.
53. Irish Shamrock Wreath with Leprechaun Hat
This over the top front door wreath is made with green shamrocks and a leprechaun hat. Add luck to the Irish sign. A large green bow on the bottom finishes the look.
54. Use Classic Split Pea Candles
These simple but classic looking candles are simply made with split peas and white candles.
via Two Twenty One
55. Make a St. Patrick’s Day Wall Hanging
Make a wall hanging that screams St. Patrick’s Day by painting simple green lines on a white canvas. Glue a green shamrock on the front.
56. Craft a Festive St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
Glue split peas on a shamrock. Then attach to a white wreath to make this St. Patrick’s Day wreath.