The best way to decorate your home for St. Patrick’s Day is by Doing-It-Yourself as it gives you an emotional connection with the luckiest holiday. ( by the way, if you are not feeling confident about the outcome, you can always shop for some great decorations HERE )
Did you know that St. Patrick Day is of Irish origin and has a basis in Christianity?
St. Patrick was a young man who was captured into slavery. Then he returned after growing up to try and convert his captors to Christianity.
Today’s St. Patrick’s Day is often celebrated with red-haired leprechauns and lots of Irish beer. More common appearances of St. Patrick’s Day is green shamrocks and pots of gold.
Decorate your house to fit the season with these great do-it-yourself decorations.
1. Celebrate with a Felt Shamrock Wreath
Felt can make perfect shamrocks. Cut out shamrocks and glue them on a wreath base to make this St. Patrick’s Day wreath.
via DIY Playbook
2. Make a Shamrock Balloon Backdrop for St. Patrick’s Day
Planning a St. Patrick’s Day party? Make this perfect balloon backdrop. Glue green balloons in a shamrock shape.
3. Craft a “Lucky” St. Patrick’s Day Shadow Box
Cut small clovers from paper and arrange them in a shadow box. Add the word Lucky for this St. Patrick’s Day decoration.
via Flamingo Toes
4. Create St. Patrick’s Day Clay Pot Leprechaun Hats
Paint a clay pot green and put a belt buckle on the front. They look like perfect little leprechaun hats.
5. Create a 3D Clover with Paper
To make a simple clover from paper, cut out heart shapes. To give the 3D effect, fold and tape the hearts. Then add a stem to complete the clover.
via Useful DIY
6. Make a Four-Leaf Clover with Wooden Hearts
Paint wooden hearts green. Then arrange them together with the hearts pointing inward. It creates a four-leaf clover.
via A Night Owl Blog
7. DIY St. Patrick’s Day Pillow Decoration
This simple Dollar Tree pillow can be turned into St. Patrick’s Day decoration themed by sewing on clovers and the word lucky.
via Jedi Craft Girl
8. Create a St. Patrick Rainbow Wreath and Gold Bucket
The rainbow and pot of gold is an exciting piece of St. Patrick’s Day. Try putting colored paper on a door wreath. Then add clouds and the pot of gold.
9. Add Country Charm with a Burlap Wreath and Rainbow
For a more country look, wrap a door wreath in burlap. Then add the rainbow and pot of gold.
10. Have Fun on St. Patrick’s Day with Shamrock Pinatas
Pinatas aren’t just for birthdays. Check out this perfect shamrock pinata for any St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
11. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Shamrock Balloons
The Dollar Store has great shamrock balloons. Add green ribbon and a bag of gold to hold the balloon down.
12. Build a Rustic Lucky Wooden Sign
This DIY sign is made from green and white paint. The green and white pattern is painted over a LUCKY sign.
13. Craft a Rustic Shamrock from Barn Wood
Shamrocks can also have a rustic look. This shamrock is made from old barn wood.
14. Create a St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock with Moss
Moss is the perfect green for St. Patrick’s Day decor. Cut the moss into a shamrock shape and frame it.
via Stow and Tellu
15. Use DIY Green-Painted Vases from the Dollar Store
Buy cheap vases from the Dollar Store and paint them green. They are a simple decoration that can be placed anywhere.
via Eighteen 25
16. Transform a Hat into a St. Patrick’s Day Planter Decor
Have a few house plants? Place them in a homemade leprechaun hat potter.
17. Make a St. Patrick’s Day-Inspired Fabric Wreath
This simple wreath is made from many multi-green colored fabric strips.
18. Create a Shamrock using Leaves and a Wire
Use wire greenery to make a shamrock shape. This creates a simple door hanging.
19. Make a Leprechaun Hat with Glitter Paint and a Buckle
A simple clear solo cup can be filled with green glitter paint. Put a buckle on the front for a cheap leprechaun hat.
20. Moss-Accented Shamrock with Gold Shimmering Frame
Moss is the perfect background for a gold shimmering shamrock. The rustic frame completes the look.
via Oh My Creative
21. Create a Festive Glitter Shamrock Bouquet
Make glitter shamrocks from cardstock. Then skewer them and arrange them like a bouquet.
22. Use Gold Mason Jar Planters for St. Patrick’s Day
Horseshoes scream St. Patrick’s Day. Cut them from cardstock and then you can make a holiday garland.
23. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Rustic Green Jar Decor
Gold mason jars filled with white or green flowers create a perfect table centerpiece.
24. Make Shamrocks with Heart-Shaped Paper Strips
Fill ball jar with something green. Add burlap and white flowers for a St. Patrick’s Day rustic look.
25. Create a Glittered Horseshoe Garland
Fold strips of paper into heart shapes. Then glue those heart shapes together. Then add a stem for a shamrock paper.
via Sugar Bee Crafts
26. Craft a Hanging Garland with Green Paper Shamrocks
Using multi-colored but green toned paper, fold hearts. Connect those hearts together and add stems. You can use these perfect green shamrocks for a garland or just a table centerpiece.
via Hoosier Homemade
27. DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mugs with Dollar Store Supplies
Dollar Store mugs can be used as a base. Then using sharpie add St. Patrick’s Day designs. Bake them at 425 for 15 minutes to set the sharpie.
28. Add Leprechaun Belts to St. Patrick’s Day Party Cups
Green Dollar Store cups are perfect for a St. Patricks theme. Then add black leprechaun belts.
29. St. Patrick’s Day Balloon and Jar Decorations
This is the perfect photo background. The balloons frame the “kiss me I’m Irish” wording. The jars are filled with multi-green colored decor.
via Catch My Party
30. Celebrate Friendship on St. Patrick’s Day
Do you have a lover to celebrate? This is a simple decoration idea. Just frame a small sign that says Lucky, In love with my best friend.
31. Upcycle a Pallet with a Decorative Lucky Imprint
For a rustic decoration idea, sand down a piece of a pallet and glue on green LUCKY letters.
via Ribbons and Glue
32. Give Your Lucky Sign a Rustic Look with Glued Pennies
Purchase oversized LUCKY letters. Then glue on pennies to look like the gold from a leprechaun pot.
via Made by Marzipan
33. Put a Green Background for Your Lucky Sign
Try printing this LUCKY wording. Then add a plethora of green decor around it for a simple and cheap decoration.
34. Create a Mini Lucky Us St. Patrick’s Day Banner
Print off the LUCKY US wording on cardstock. Then cut the paper into triangles. Then you can string them together as a mini banner.
35. Make a Monogrammed Shamrock Moss Wreath
The Dollar Store sells green moss shamrocks. Then you can add a letter for personalized door decor.
36. Decorate with Mini Moss Plants and Place Cards
Mini moss plants are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Then make mini name banners for place cards for a party.
via Bespoke Decor
37. Make a Festive St. Patrick’s Day Table Runner
Cut from felt this shamrock table runner for your St. Patricks party. Then add a glass jar filled with coins.
via Ribbons and Glue
38. St. Patrick’s Day Garland with Shamrocks and Coins
Cut shamrocks from cardstock then slice them in the middle. Slide them together to create the 3D look. Then string them with coins for a St. Patrick’s Day garland.
via Hoosier Homemade
39. Make a Garland with Glitter Shamrocks and Pom Poms
Cut shamrocks from green cardstock. Then string together with green pom poms.
40. Rustic Burlap and Pom Pom Garland Background
Burlap with gold coloring is very rustic. Paired with green pom pom garland it is the perfect photo background.
41. Build an Elegant Gold Shamrock Photo Frame
This photo frame has white paper and a gold shamrock. It is a classy decoration.
42. Create Customized St. Patrick’s Day Napkin Wraps
For a silverware holder, use green cardstock. Add different St. Patrick’s Day shapes and quotes.
via The Craft Patch
43. Create a Vibrant Rainbow Backdrop for Your Cake Table
Use multi colored garland to make a rainbow. Then add white clouds at top for a perfect cake table backdrop.
via Sweet Lulu
44. Make a Colorful Rainbow Pom Pom Garland
Make rainbow pom poms from different colored paper. Then string together for a rainbow decoration.
45. Make a Rainbow Cup with Glitter and Gold
Use glitter and glue to make a rainbow on the outside of a cup. Then add gold rolos as gold in the cup.
via Honey Bear Lane
46. Create a St. Patrick’s Day Themed Mantel
Rainbow colored paper is the perfect garland for a LUCKY sign. It goes well across a mantel.
47. Rainbow Wall Art for St. Patrick’s Day
This kid friendly decoration has a rainbow in the background and the word celebrate in front. The shamrock tops off the St. Patrick’s look.
48. Add Ribbon Ties to Your Green Wreath
Using a base of a wreath, add rainbow colored fabric strips to make a wreath.
49. Decorate a Door with a St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
Simply wrap St. Patrick’s Day wreaths with green fabric. Then add a bow and lucky sign.
50. Make Shamrock Decor with Balloons
You can shape small balloons into a heart shape. Then connect them all together to make a shamrock shape.
via Oh Happy Day
51. Adorn Your Mantel with a Shamrock Burlap Banner
Paint green and white shamrocks on a burlap banner. It creates a simple and classy mantel decoration.
52. Use Shamrock-Shaped Coasters on St. Patrick’s Day
Cut shamrocks from felt for an easy glass coaster.
53. Utilize St. Patrick’s Day Tableware from Dollar Store
Around St. Patrick’s Day, the dollar store will stock these great green plates and shamrock bowls.
54. Make a Shamrock Garland using Cardstocks
Use cardstock to create shamrocks. String them together to create a shamrock garland.
55. Add Shamrock Decor Pieces to Gold Mason Jars
Paint the inside of ball jars gold and then add small green shamrocks. They are perfect for flower arrangements or just for a classy decoration.
56. Make a Rustic Shamrock Door Wreath with Wires
Use wire to make a shamrock shape. Then wrap with green string.
57. Decorate with an Ombre St. Patrick’s Day Art
Cut shamrocks from different toned paper. Then arrange them from darkest to lightest to look like an ombre St. Patrick’s Day decoration.
via Lolly Jane
58. Create a Shamrock Decor with Nails and String Art
Nail tiny nails in a shamrock shape on a board. Then wrap green string around the nails.
via Kim Six Fix
59. Decorate Ball Jars with Green and Gold Shamrocks
Paint the inside of ball jars green and gold. Then paint shamrocks of the opposite color on the outside.
via Mom 4 Real
60. Create a Door Hanging with a Shamrock Design
For a simple door hanging, glue white fabric on a wreath base. Then add a shamrock shape with split peas for the green color.
61. Make a Colorful Wreath with Green Ribbons
Wrap a bunch of different toned green ribbons in tight circles. Then glue all together on a wreath base.
62. Modish St. Patrick’s Day Ribbon Wreath for Your Door
This simple door wreath is made from many different tones of ribbon bows.
63. Printable St. Patrick’s Day Wall Art
Print out this adorable sign. Then frame. It is a simple and loving St. Patrick’s Day decor.
via The Craft Patch
64. Upcycle an Old Milk Crate with a Lucky Sign
Paint an old milk crate white. Then paint a Lucky sign on it in green. Add green shamrocks.
65. Create a Rainbow Vase with Sand and Shamrocks
Fill a glass flower vase with multi-colored sand to look like a rainbow. Then add skewered shamrocks as the flowers.
via Average Inspired
66. Decorative Apothecary Jars with Colorful Marbles
Rustic apothecary jars look sweet with multi-colored marbles in them. Top them off with a bow.
via Uncommon Designs
67. Create a Festive St. Patrick’s Day Burlap Wreath
Wrap a wreath base with burlap. Then add a rainbow, shamrocks and even a pot of gold if you want.
via Flamingo Toes
68. Enhance Decor with a St. Patrick’s Day Flower Planter
Start with a flower pot and paint it green. Add a buckle and flowers at the top.
69. String Mini Green Hearts Across a Picture Frame
Cut mini green hearts from cardstock. Then string them together across a picture frame.
70. Colorful Ribbon Centerpiece with Green Decor
This elaborate centerpiece is made with green and yellow ribbon. Then put some green decor items in the candle jar.
71. Make a Leprechaun Hat Centerpiece with Cardstock
Use green cardstock to make a circle. Then place it perpendicularly on a flat round piece of cardstock. Add a buckle to make a leprechaun hat.
72. Elevate Your Mantel with a St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Burlap
Make this simple St. Patrick’s Day banner with string and burlap. Then add gold jars with white flowers and a lucky sign to create the whole look.
73. Frame Shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day
This simple print out is made by printing the shamrocks and wording. Then cutting it out. Then glue on a white background and frame it.
74. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Framed Quotes
Print out this wordy sign and frame it. Then place it on your mantel with other green and St. Patrick’s Day decor.
via Eighteen 25
75. Make a Rustic Framed Shamrock Garland
Cut out medium-sized shamrocks from multi-toned cardstock. Then hang them in succession from lightest to darkest.
76. Create a Contemporary Pot of Gold
Using a small flower pot, paint it black with a gold shamrock. Then fill it with rolos.
via THE 36TH AVENUE
77. Rustic Painted Jars with Burlap and Luck Message
For a rustic look, paintball jars with white paint. Wrap with burlap and put LUCK on the outside.
78. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a Lucky Shadow Box
Fill a shadow box with shamrocks. Then put feeling’ Lucky on the outside.
via Oh My! Creative
79. Create an Elegant Felt Shamrock Tree
Cut shamrocks out of felt. Then glue them all together in a tree shape.
via Lolly Jane
80. Make a St. Patrick’s Day Vase Centerpiece
For a green centerpiece, fill a vase with green colored marbles. Then add twigs and glue shamrocks on the twigs to look like shamrock tree leaves.
81. Turn Wine Bottles into St. Patrick’s Day Centerpiece
Have some extra wine bottles? Paint them green and add leprechaun belts.
via Green with Decor
82. Upcycle Pallets with Shamrock Art
Take wood shims and connect them together. Then paint them green and white and add a shamrock.
83. Create a Festive Shamrock Door Hanging
Cut a shamrock out of a piece of cardboard. Then add green fluff to the shamrock to give it a 3D shape. It creates a complete door hanging.
via A Little Tipsy
84. Craft Flower-Shaped Shamrocks with Cardstock Strips
Using cardstock strips wrap them into circles. Then glue them on a shamrock. It creates a flower-shaped shamrock.
via Sugar Bee Crafts
85. Crocheted Rainbow Wreath with Shamrock Accent
Are you good at crocheting? Crochet a cover for a wreath base from rainbow-colored yarn. Then add a green shamrock and a pot of gold.
via Skip to My Lou
86. Elevate a Porch with a Striped St. Patrick’s Day Wreath
Wrap green and white yarn around a base for a wreath. Then add a white bow and white flowers. A simple but pretty St. Patrick’s Day wreath.
87. Make a Stylish St. Patrick’s Day Candle Display
Purchase candle holders from the dollar store. Then add white candles and green split peas around the candle.
via Two twenty one
88. Create a Colorful Garland with Green Paper Pieces
Tie different toned green paper onto a string. In the end you will have a fluffy garland.
via Penny Drawer
89. Make a Topiary with a Styrofoam Ball and Green Paper
Using a styrofoam ball as a base, wrap the green paper around it. Then skewer it and put it in a green vase.
90. Bring Festive Cheer with Leprechaun-Themed Cups
Green Dollar Store cups are great but they are even better with black and gold leprechaun belts. Then fill with popcorn and gold candy.
91. Create a Fluffy Door Wreath using Tulle
Use tulle on a wreath base to make this fluffy door hanging.
via A Night Owl
92. Make a Vintage Map Shamrock Garland
To make a vintage garland, use vintage maps with green shamrocks glued on top.
via Lil Luna
93. Create a Shamrock-Shaped Wreath
Make this wreath by using a white base. Then glue green split peas in a shamrock shape. Attach that to the wreath.