There is something so magical and wonderful about decorating for Christmas!
A home always feels so cozy when the pine boughs are draped over the stair rail, the Christmas tree is up in front of the living room window decorated with everyone’s favorite handmade ornaments, and the glow of the lights is making everything merry and bright!
A favorite Christmas décor is the beautiful rustic look using lots of natural elements and making many of the decorations and ornaments yourselves.
This makes for a wonderful way to spend the day together as a family making ornaments and decorating your home.
Rustic Christmas Ornaments
Making rustic Christmas ornaments is always a favorite way to spend time together around the holidays.
One favorite ornament to make that is very versatile is to use discs cut from a tree branch that is a few inches in diameter.
Drill a small hole near one edge and string a ribbon through the hole. Tie a knot or bow in the ribbon for an easy way to hang your ornament with no hook needed once it is decorated.
Decorations for your wooden discs can be anything you like! A woodburning tool is a great way to make pictures, designs or write words on your ornaments.
If you don’t have a woodburning tool, paint or even a marker can also be used to decorate your ornaments and the possibilities for designs are only limited by your imagination!
A wooden disc can also make a simple yet beautiful rustic candle plate! Write one letter per wooden disc and hang the discs of wood from a doorway, railing or mantle to spell out a favorite Christmas saying or phrase.
1. Embrace Nature with Acorn Cap Ornaments
2. Make a Rustic Candy Cane Ornament with Burlap
via Sweet Miss Daisy
3. Add Sheet Music to a Cardboard Star
4. Transform Clothespins into a Rustic Snowflake
via Stephanie Lynn
5. Make a Statement with a Cornucopia Christmas Ornament
6. PersonalizeYour Holidays with DIY Fabric Ornaments
via Shanty 2 Chic
7. Add Customized Charm with Etched Snowflake Ornaments
via Design Mom
8. Make a Rustic Ball Ornament with Twine
via Thinking Closet
9. Style to Your Interior with Unique Jute Ornaments
via Diva Of DIY
10. Transform Mason Jar Lid Ornaments with Buffalo Plaid
11. Create an Inviting Home with Rustic Wood Slice Wreath
via Thrifty And Chic
12. Assemble Sharp Carved Wood into a Rustic Star Ornament
13. Upgrade Your Pinecone Ornament with an Classy Bow
via Make It Love It
14. Enhance a Twig Snowflake with Buffalo Plaid
via Pottery Barn
15. Build a Simple Sled using Popsicle Sticks
16. Add Rustic Charm with Chalkboard Art Ornaments
17. Illuminate Outdoors with Rustic Yarn Christmas Balls
18. Deck Your Tree in Style with Rustic Flannel Star Ornaments
via Artzy Creations
19. Decorate Pine Cones into Snowy Ornaments
20. Customize Ball Ornament with Rustic Burlap
via Bliss Bloom
21. Craft Colorful Rustic Stars using Wires
via Alyssa And Carla
22. Adorn Your Tree with a Glossy Twig Snowflake Ornament
via U Create Crafts
23. Create Mini Twine Wreaths for Your Tree
Rustic Christmas Tree Decorations
Rustic Christmas tree decorations are an essential part of the rustic décor as the tree is the focal point.
Using an antique galvanized tub or old antique suitcase or box is a beautiful idea for your rustic tree.
Burlap strips cascading down the tree gives the entire tree that rustic country feel. Wooden ornaments and strings of wooden beads are also a fantastic rustic touch.
24. Bring Holiday Spirit to Your Home with a DIY Rustic Tree
25. Give Your Christmas Tree a Rustic Look with Burlap
via Crazy Craft Lady
26. Embellish Your Porch with an Upcycled Pallet Tree
27. Add Rustic Decorations to Your Christmas Tree
via Make It Love It
28. Uncover Timeless Charm with a Rustic Decorated Tree
via Lilypad Cottage
29. Repurpose Pallet Slats into a Rustic Christmas Tree
via Her Tool Belt
30. Light Up Your Outdoors with a Simple Pallet Tree
31. Create an Enchanting Scene with a Christmas Village Tree
Rustic Outdoor Christmas Decorations
Outdoor rustic Christmas décor is also beautiful and fun to make. A few outdoor rustic Christmas decorating ideas include painting on weathered wood, making Christmas trees or stars from old looking wood, and using antique sleds or snow shovels for decoration.
Pine boughs and lights are perfect for porch railings as well and are so easy to do. Twine or burlap bows or swags are the perfect rustic addition to the railings and are inexpensive to buy.
Make a Christmas star using five weathered boards and a few nails for the center piece of your outdoor decorations. Leave the star natural or add paint and maybe glitter.
Your star can either be hung prominently or propped up in a corner or against the house and will be beautiful all season long, no matter what the weather.
A Christmas tree made from weathered wood is also a beautiful and easy rustic decoration to make. You can then decorate your wooden tree by draping burlap, ribbon or even Christmas fabric and lights.
Be sure to use items that will hold up well outside. Prop an old wooden sled on your porch and your outdoor rustic Christmas décor is complete!
Now your porch is a great place for family Christmas photos in addition to looking like you are ready for a county Christmas to remember.
32. Decorate Your Door with a Rustic Burlap Wreath
33. Upgrade Lanterns with Burlap Pinecone Hanging Decor
34. Craft a Rustic Reindeer Using Logs
via Designer Trapped
35. Transform Your Home Decor with a Handmade Burlap Wreath
36. Bring Nature Indoors with a Pinecone Wreath
37. Upcycle a Galvanized Bucket into a Rustic Christmas Decor
via The Polo House
38. Make a Rustic Joy Sign on Your Door with Burlap Backdrop
39. Add a Small House to Your Rustic Wood Log Wreath
via Life Is A Party
40. Repurpose Mason Jar Lids into an Elegant Wreath
41. Make Christmas Magical with Mason Jar Lights
42. Elevate a Rustic Sleigh Decor with Pine Cones and Fir
43. Step Up Your Door Game with a Rustic Burlap Wreath
44. Enhance Your Porch with a Rustic Ladder Decoration
via Ribbons And Glue
Rustic Christmas Table Decorations
A Christmas table decoration is a must and decorating with rustic Christmas décor is a simple and inexpensive choice.
A table runner can be made from any Christmas fabric or burlap. If your table is round, you can either drape a rectangular piece of your chosen fabric across the table or cut a round piece to either cover the entire table or act as a center mat.
A few small logs cut in varying lengths and tied together with twine can be used as a candle holder or just by itself for a nice centerpiece. Place some pine branches and pine cones around the base.
Another great rustic table decorating idea is to use a small galvanized tub or wooden bowl in the center or your table and fill it with handmade rustic ornaments, pine cones or pine branches and candles.
Make place mats with the same fabric as your table runner or use a different fabric or burlap. A sprig of holly with red berries on each plate adds some color and makes a perfect accent. Use twine to tie each napkin and set one next to each plate.
45. Illuminate Holiday Decor with Burlap Evergreen Candles
46. Make a Rustic Candle Table Runner with Pallet Wood
via Night Owl
47. Go Bold with a Rustic Log Table Centerpiece
via Jenna Burger
48. Transform Vases into Rustic Decor with Branches
49. Create an Enchanting Mood with Lighted Pine Cone Vases
50. Uplift Kitchen Decor with a Rustic Wooden Tiered Stand
DIY Rustic Christmas Decorations
DIY Rustic Christmas decorations often involve the use of many different elements from nature. Pine branches, rough or weathered wood, pine cones, sticks, and acorns are all great things to use when making your own rustic Christmas ornaments and decorations.
The internet is absolutely bursting with suggestions and ideas for how to make your home look amazing at Christmas using these gifts from nature.
Gather your materials from your very own yard and get started! Pine cones make the perfect base for many rustic ornaments.
Whether you paint them to make them look snow-covered, or simply tie a ribbon or some twine into a bow around them, they will add rustic charm to any Christmas décor.
Mistletoe is a perfect touch to any Christmas décor and is a super easy DIY craft. All you need is some mistletoe and ribbon or twine. Tie the ribbon or twine around the base of the mistletoe sprig and hang in any doorway.
Add pine branches if you want your hanging decoration to be a little bigger. In addition to being beautiful and rustic, you might get a Christmas kiss from your sweetheart!
51. Sweeten Up Holidays with Burlap Candy Canes
52. Get a Festive Touch with Burlap Christmas Stars
via Coach Decor
53. Turn Logs into Rustic Candle Holders
via Marty’S Musings
54. Countdown to Christmas with a Rustic Wall Clock
via Thrifty And Chic
55. Bring Rustic Decor to Life with Unique LED Lights
via Burke Decor
56. Create Rustic Lanterns with Scrap Wood
via Diva Of DIY
57. Embellish Your Mantle with a Pinecone Garland
58. Bring Texture to Your Space with a Burlap Garland
via Simply Notable
59. Upgrade Rustic Stocking Holders with Holiday Art
via Honey Bear Lane
60. Give Holiday Decor Rustic Twist with Small Wooden Trees
via Unfinished Wood
61. Light Up Your Tablescape with a Wine Bottle Candle Centerpiece
62. Upcycle a Wood Crate into a Decorative Faux Planter
63. Top Your Christmas Tree with a Wood Star Marquee
Rustic Christmas Mantel Decorations
For a rustic Christmas mantle over your fireplace, drape a pine bough along the length of the mantle or place a few pine branches anywhere you choose.
A basket of pinecones is a beautiful centerpiece and can easily be made to look like they are covered in snow by dabbing a bit of white paint on the ends of each pine cone petal.
A string of white lights will create a Christmassy sparkle and a big bow (black and red checked would be beautiful) makes the perfect accent.
Red candles in different sizes are a welcome addition to this mantle! You can also hang your handmade ornaments from the mantle using twine. Now you have a rustic Christmas mantle and it did not cost a fortune.
64. Celebrate Holidays in Style with Unique Ladder Decor Accents
via Craft Berry Bush
65. Create a Rustic Winter Wonderland on Your Mantel
via The Kim Six Fix
66. Give Your Mantel a Rustic and Cozy Christmas Vibe
67. Decorate Your Mantel with a Rustic Barn Sign
68. Accentuate Your Rustic Wooden Mantel Sign with Greenery
69. Make a Joy-Themed Banner with Burlap
via Stone Gable
70. Make a Rustic Noel Sign with Creative Wooden Shapes
71. Add an Artistic and Rustic Reindeer to Your Mantel
via Brandi Sawyer
72. Light Up Mantel Decor with a Christmas Lights Garland
73. Make a Statement with a Rustic Glam Mantel
74. Personalize Your Mantel with a Rustic Chalkboard Sign
75. Give Your Mantel a Vintage Look with Distressed Decor
76. Glamourize Your Mantel with a Rustic Woodland Joy Sign
via Cherished Bliss
77. Add a Snowy Wreath with Deer Head Accent to Your Mantel
78. Achieve Timeless Charm with Rustic MAntel Decor
79. Illuminate Your Mantel Decor with Elegant Wooden Candle
Rustic Christmas Crafts
An easy rustic Christmas craft that is even easy and fun for young children is to use pine cones and paint them green like a Christmas tree, dab the edges of the petals with white paint to look like snow, and glue small items like beads, bells, and berries to some of the petals.
Tie a ribbon or twine around the bottom if you want to set your mini tree on a table or mantle, or tie twine or ribbon to the top so the mini tree can be hung.
Make mini trees from pine cones in varying sizes to create a beautiful Christmas scene. These are a terrific activity to do with young children that you will cherish for years to come.
80. Get the Cozy Christmas Look with Burlap Stockings
via My Love Of Style
81. Create a Rustic Centerpiece with a Vibrant Burlap Wreath
via Thinking Closet
82. Enchant Guests with a Lighted Burlap Garland
83. Elevate Home Decor with Wooden Logs Snowmen
via Crafty Morning
84. Get Creative with a Deer Head String Art
85. Upgrade Candles with Sticks for a Unique Rustic Feel
86. Transform Mason Jars into Snowy Decor Pieces
via Deco Art
87. Decorate Mason JArs with Epsom Salt and Pine Cones
via Crafts By Amanda
88. Adorn Your Porch with Wood Blocks Snowmen
Rustic Christmas Wall Art & Signs
Rustic Christmas wall art and signs are easy to make.
Painting Christmas sayings (Joy to the world, Ho Ho Ho, Santa stop here!) on rustic weathered boards and placing them on your porch, propping them in a corner or hanging them on the wall makes for beautiful rustic decorations.
Tie some twine or a ribbon around the board for an added touch.
89. Transform a Pallet into a Rustic Sign with Custo Art
90. Complete Your Joy Sign with a Boxwood Wreath
via Ana White
91. Create a Suave Joy Rustic Christmas Sign
Check price: Here
92. Make a Timeless Holiday Memory with a Light-Up Sign
93. Create a Rustic Christmas Star with a Red Ribbon
94. Update a Rustic Christmas Sign with White Chalk Paint
Rustic Christmas décor is easy to make using things you can find in your own yard, is inexpensive to decorate with no matter how much decorating you do and can easily be discarded and made again the next year if you don’t have a lot of room to store your Christmas decorations year-round.