Building gingerbread houses is a wonderful part of the Christmas holiday.
Using frosting, gingerbread and many other colorful decorations, you too can get in on this fun holiday tradition.
Throw a gingerbread house decorating party and get all of your friends in on the fun too.
From gumdrops for roof decoration to chocolate doors, there are so many ideas on different types of gingerbread houses to make.
Consider constructing the classic gingerbread house with brown walls and roofs.
Or use pretzels or other colorful materials to change up the classic look.
Adding Santas and green Christmas trees can also be a nice touch. If you are looking for some inspiration check out these gingerbread house ideas.
Don’t forget to PIN this image for quick access to all these ideas.
1. Create a Bavarian Gingerbread House for the Holidays
Complex but very elegant. It is made from easy to use gingerbread and has very nice chocolate decor.
via Sprinkle Bakes
2. Celebrate Christmas with an Artistic Gingerbread House
This one is even more complex. It is a great idea for a more artistic person. It is made from various candies.
3. Assemble Your Gingerbread House with Frosty Glue
Thick, sticky frosting makes the best glue for gingerbread houses. The sticky frosting will help hold your gingerbread house together longer.
4. Make Bricks for Gingerbread House with Flat Candy
Flat sugar candy makes perfect bricks for Christmas gingerbread houses. Glue it in strips on the outside of your gingerbread home for a brick look.
5. Decorate Traditional Gingerbread House with Candy Canes
Candy canes and peppermints add an ideal red touch to traditional gingerbread homes. The red touch adds a fun Christmas twist.
via Brit + Co
6. Use Peppermint for Your Gingerbread House Walls
Melting peppermint into flat squares makes an excellent substitute for traditional gingerbread walls. It is simple to work with and glues together easily.
via Food Network
7. Make a Campfire with Candy and Pretzels
Make cute campfires by using melted sugar candy and pretzels. These campfires are a perfect addition to the outside of your gingerbread house.
8. Add Color to Your Gingerbread House with a Candy Roof
Using candy to make roof tiles and wall fixtures adds a fantastic Christmas color.
9. Adorn Your Gingerbread House Yard with Candy Snails
Adorable snails for the front yard of your gingerbread house can be made with peppermint candy and Dots. These snails add a modern touch to a classic gingerbread house.
via Martha Stewart
10. Enhance Your Gingerbread House with Sugar Christmas Trees
Stacked pulled sugar with a candy star on top makes dreamy sugar Christmas trees. These can be added out in front of your immaculately decorated gingerbread house.
11. Create a Sweet Gingerbread House with Chocolate
Melted chocolate can be formed and cooled into brown walls for a twist on the traditional gingerbread house. Or decorate the chocolate for color.
12. Decorate Gingerbread House with M&Ms
M&Ms on the roof and adorable nutcracker chocolates in the doorway make a colorful gingerbread house.
13. Make a Farmhouse Style Gingerbread House
Make a loveable, classic cottage gingerbread house by using white frosting for the walls and a piped green wreath over the doorway.
14. Create a Two-Story Illuminated Gingerbread House
Put a spin on the classic gingerbread house by adding a second floor and glowing lights.
via How to Cook That
15. Decorating a Gingerbread House with Candies and Cookies
Add colorful candies, a cookie Christmas tree and a candy Santa’s sleigh to make this elaborate house.
16. Make a Police Call Box with Gingerbread and Blue Frosting
Bright blue frosting on a square gingerbread base makes a delightful police call box.
17. Embrace Simplicity with Your Gingerbread House
Do a simple gingerbread house with just frosting, gingerbread and colorful candies.
18. Create a Festive Gingerbread House with Graham Crackers
When baking gingerbread seems like too big of a task, just use graham crackers and frosting.
via Our Best Bites
19. Achieve a Rustic Gingerbread House Look with Almonds
Almonds make darling roof and wall tiles.
20. Make an Eerie Victorian-Style Gingerbread House
Pretzels, cookies, and peppermint make this elaborate Victorian-style gingerbread home.
21. Enchanting Fairy Gingerbread House for a Christmas
This gingerbread home embodies fairies using wispy curved gingerbread and candy rocks around the doorway.
22. Be Bold with an Elongated Gingerbread House
Make gingerbread homes scream Christmas with pulled sugar peppermint, green frosting, and an elongated style gingerbread house.
23. Create a Frosty Wonderland with a Gingerbread House
Thick white frosting on the roof will make your gingerbread house look like it recently snowed. The heart-shaped window adds an extra touch.
24. Use Confetti Decor for a Colorful Gingerbread House
Create a party gingerbread house with multi-colored sprinkles and roof tiles.
via Studio DIY
25. Add Farmhouse Charm with a Gingerbread Barn
Animals need gingerbread houses too! Create this precious gingerbread barn with red frosting and cookie animals.
via Taste of Home
26. Make a Unique Gingerbread House
Using elongated gingerbread walls and narrow roof to create a sweet gingerbread birdhouse.
via Amelie’s House
27. Create Rustic Gingerbread House Roofs with Candy Strips
Candy strips make perfect roof material and piped on windows and doors make for an easy application.
28. Add Color with a Pink Chocolate Gingerbread House
Pink chocolate for walls really makes a gingerbread house pop.
29. Make a Two-Storey Gingerbread Cottage
Add little upper floor gingerbread windows and colorful roof tiles to make gingerbread cottage.
via Taste of Home
30. Create a Gingerbread Church with a Red Door Accent
With a gingerbread steeple and red door, this super realistic gingerbread church is made.
31. Organize Your Gingerbread Toppings with a Muffin Tray
To help organize all of your gingerbread toppings, use a six-hole muffin tin.
32. Use Cinnamon Toast for Your Gingerbread House Roof
Cinnamon toast crunch makes perfect roof material for a gingerbread cottage.
33. Get a Farmhouse Look with a Gingerbread Farm
Create a whole gingerbread farm from silos, to barns to the classic farmhouse.
via My Name is Yeh
34. Utilize White Chocolate for a Classic Gingerbread House
Construct a classic white gingerbread house with white chocolate and colorful roof sprinkles.
via How to Cook That
35. Enhance Gingerbread House Roof with Peppermint Kisses
Peppermint kisses and round chocolate dots make colorful roofing material.
via Living Locurto
36. Add an Aqua Roof to a Two-Storey Gingerbread House
Design a huge two-story gingerbread house with a blue chocolate roof and brick piped walls.
37. Include a Patio and Upper Deck in Your Gingerbread House
Make a double-decker gingerbread house with an adorable patio. It looks just like a gingerbread ski lodge!
38. Construct Small Decorative Gingerbread Tents
Gingerbread tents are super simple to construct using frosting and three pieces of gingerbread.
via Red Ted Art
39. Create a Nautical-Themed Gingerbread Lighthouse
Using candy rocks and long pieces of gingerbread you can design a gingerbread lighthouse.
40. Be Creative with a Gingerbread Winter Lodge
Design a gingerbread winter lodge with candy rocks and three pieces of gingerbread.
via Taste of Home
41. Make a Rustic Gingerbread Log Cabin
Trim the gingerbread into long narrow pieces so that when you glue it all together with frosting it looks like a log cabin.
via Three Pixie Lane
42. Recreate Christ’s Birth with Gingerbread Art Decor
Five pieces of gingerbread can make a perfect gingerbread nativity scene.
via Roti n Rice
43. Create an Elegant Gingerbread Camper Van
For the more advanced gingerbread maker, try this adorable gingerbread camper.
via Sugar and Cloth
44. Use Pretzels to Make a Gingerbread Log Cabin
Pretzels make a perfect log cabin look.
45. Make a Modern Gingerbread Skyscraper
For the city gingerbread look, try making a tall gingerbread house with grey piping to create a skyscraper look.
46. Create a Gingerbread Tipi with Piped White Frosting
Use triangle-shaped gingerbread with piped white frosting to create charming teepee.
via Baking Magique
47. Make a Victorian-Style Gingerbread Store
With colorful sale windows and a tall design you can make this precious victorian store design.
via Vintage Kitty
48. Craft an Entire Gingerbread Village
Make a whole village with multiple houses, trees and snow.
49. Elaborate Gingerbread House with Detailed Decorations
This gingerbread house is elaborate and detail oriented all the way down to the gingerbread men in front.
50. Construct a Gingerbread Triplex
Make a gingerbread triplex by adding three front doors and elaborate steeple windows.
via Rock Recipes
51. Make a Chic Candle Holder with a Gingerbread House
Gingerbread houses can also become a candle holder if you remove the front roof and add a beautiful candle.
52. GCreate a Charming Gingerbread House
With snow on the roof, brown gingerbread walls and green front trees, this classically adorable gingerbread house is made.
53. Add Color to a Gingerbread House Roof with Gumdrops
Gumdrops make a colorful roofing material.
54. Construct a Harry Potter Themed Gingerbread House
Harry Potter lovers will enjoy this Hogwarts inspired gingerbread house.
55. Host a Fun Gingerbread House Decorating Party
If you plan to host a gingerbread house party, make sure that you have cereal, licorice and all sorts of other decorations.
via Eat This Up
56. Add Icicles for a Refined Gingerbread House Look
Make this grand gingerbread house with white icing as icicles.
via Goodies by Anna
57. Adorn Your Hot Cocoa with a Mini Gingerbread House
Adorable mini gingerbread houses are the perfect adornment for your winter hot cocoa.
via Not Martha
58. Decorate Your Home with Small Gingerbread Houses
Perfect gingerbread houses don’t always have to be large, create these white frosted mini gingerbread houses.
via Lily Ardor
59. Make a Contemporary Gingerbread House Design
Modern designed houses can also be re designed into winning gingerbread houses.
via Oh Happy Day
60. Create a Rustic Gingerbread House Roof with Nuts
Pecans make darling roofing material.
via The First Year
61. Give a Gingerbread House a Seaside Look with Palm Trees
For the beach gingerbread house, use an unconventional design and make darling palm trees!
via A Beautiful Mess
62. Show Patriotism with This Gingerbread House Design
Show your United States Pride with this red, white and blue decorated house.
63. Create a Barbie-Inspired Gingerbread House
With a pink roof and pink frosted walls, this is the perfect gingerbread Barbie house!
64. Add a Vintage Chimney to Gingerbread House with Pretzels
To create a classic chimney on the outside of your gingerbread house, use mini pretzels.
65. Make a Farmhouse Log Cabin using Pretzels
Large pretzels make an easy log cabin look.
via Worth Pinning
66. Design Gingerbread House Window Shutters with Pretzels
Window shutters can easily be constructed using mini pretzels.
67. Build a Showstopping Gingerbread House This Christmas
Build gingerbread houses like a professional with this enchanting design, white frosting and cute Christmas tree.
68. Include Christmas-Themed Decor to Gingerbread House
Give your gingerbread house the look of Christmas by using red frosting, peppermint and red candies.
69. Make a Simple Gingerbread House Roof with Cookies
Cookies make great roof material, along with colorful frosting and candies, this loveable gingerbread house is created.
70. Build a Graham Crackers Gingerbread House
Graham crackers can make great gingerbread house side material.
71. Embellish a Gingerbread House with an Adorable Snowman
Stacked marshmallows with pretzel arms make adorable snowmen. Especially when placed on a peppermint sled.
72. Decorate a Gingerbread House with Nonpareils
Make your gingerbread house by coating it in multi colored nonpareils.
73. Make a Stone Gingerbread House with Candy Rocks
Use chocolate candy rocks and frosting to give your gingerbread house the appearance of being made from snow.
via Worth Pinning
74. Create a Modern Three-Storey Gingerbread House
Create the Adams family home with this triple story gingerbread house.
75. Build a Farmhouse Two-Storey Gingerbread House
This charming two-story home is made with chocolate roof and off white walls.
via How to Cook That
76. Put Santa’s Sleigh on Top of Your Gingerbread House
Add Santa’s sleigh on the roof for an enchanting addition to your gingerbread house.
via Worth Pinning
77. Create a Valentine’s Day Gingerbread House
Gingerbread houses can be for more than Christmas. Add pink to create this house for your valentine.
78. Get Creative with a Vermont Gingerbread House
Add a twist to the classic gingerbread house by adding white piping on the walls and a low roof.