Are you in search of the best DIY Fairy Garden Ideas available?
Well, we have done the hard work for you and made a list of more than 100 DIY miniature fairy gardens so you can choose your favorite and start making it right away.
Fairy gardens are easy and fun to do and you could design them with your kids. You know, kids’ creativity could surprise you as their imagination and ideas are awesome.
They believe in magical creatures and wonderland which are the key ingredients in any whimsical fairy garden.
How To DIY Fairy Garden?
The first thing is to decide what type of fairy garden you would like to create. There are tons of different themes to choose from – gnomes, elves, or fairies.
Then you need to think about the location where the fairy garden will be built – in the garden, at the base of a tree, indoors or outdoors.
The next step is choosing a container, and whether it will be a tree trunk, teacup, basket, flower bed or flower pot ( even a broken flower pot will do ) – it’s up to you. Each one of these containers has it’s own charm and uniqueness.
Then you have to get your fairy garden accessories – you can buy them or you can build them by yourself.
When you have all the supplies you can start making your fairy garden. Don’t worry if you mess things up. You can always start over and change the design.
Try with a smaller design to learn the basics and then start upgrading it with more accessories and items.
If you prefer watching a video here is an excellent tutorial on DIY fairy garden out of broken terra cotta flower pot.
DIY Fairy Garden Ideas and Designs
1. Transform Broken Pots into Mini Fairy Gardens
Do you have a broken flower pot sitting around?
Don’t throw it out! Broken pots make the ideal fairy garden.
Simply add a mini gazebo, some rock stairs and a few plants and you have an instant mini fairy garden.
2. Create an Eerie Fairy Garden with a Tiered Flower Pot
This tiered flower pot fairy garden is very inspiring.
Not only does it have a lot of plant features but it has several fairy garden accessories that make it appear real.
via IBK Crazy
3. Add Farmhouse Charm with a Cottage Fairy Garden
This cottage fairy garden is a nice hideaway for some fairies.
The small cottage makes a lovely fairy home, especially with its inviting entrance and magical charm. It is the ultimate choice of fairy garden houses.
4. Create a Magical Display with LED Lights
If you have extra solar lights sitting in a box, why not put them to good use? Solar LED lights add the perfect ambiance to a fairy garden. Add an arbor to the fairy garden for a twinkling display of lights.
via Little Tudor On The Prairie
5. Build a Hobbit-Inspired Fairy Garden
Bring the hobbits to your miniature paradise to enhance the mini garden.
The miniature home creates a magical addition to your outdoor décor. In fact, the hobbit house fairy garden allows the imagination to run free.
6. Make an Enchanting DIY Fairy House Planter
If you’re a fairy garden enthusiast, you will love this magical DIY fairy house planter.
This fairy garden is both functional and inviting. You can let your imagination run wild with fairy garden houses and all the little extras that make it fun.
via Crafts Unleashed
7. Turn a Damaged Pot into a Miniature Floating Garden
This floating miniature garden brings new life to a broken flower pot.
It shouts personality and enchantment with its fairy door and mushroom adornments. The clay pot garden also adds a lovely natural touch to your outdoor décor.
8. Create a Medieval Inspired Fairy Log Garden
If you have ran out of fairy garden container ideas you may want to consider using an old stump in the yard.
A castle tree log garden makes the perfect wonderland for all the fairies. in fact, utilizing a tree stump allows the imagination to expand and flourish.
9. Create a Magical Fairy Garden with Ease
Making a fairy garden does not have to be expensive.
In fact, there are numerous items in your home and around your yard that can be transformed into easy fairy garden ideas. Have fun!
via Mommy Moment
10. Upgrade Outdoors with a Tiered Terracotta Fairy Garden
Broken terra cotta pots are the secret to an enchanting fairy garden.
Place the clay pots in tiers to add dimension and depth. Now watch the fairy garden come to life when you add all the special fauna and flora.
11. Build a Fairy Garden Centerpiece in Your Backyard
You can easily find great fairy garden ideas for kids in your own back yard.
Simply build around your fairy house and soon you’ll have an enchanting creation.
12. Make a Rustic Fairy Garden with Terracotta Planters
There are no rules when it comes to creating a DIY fairy garden.
In truth, you can’t have too many broken pots.
13. Create Magical Moments with a Flower Pot Fairy Garden
This one is easy to put together and requires only a few basic supplies.
Add a few mini accessories and your fairy garden wakes up!
14. Create a Fantasy Landscape with a Broken Pot Garden
This particular fairy garden is the perfect inspiration for anyone in love with fairies. It is easy to put together and a lot of fun for kids.
15. Achieve a Modern Look with a Black Pots Fairy Garden
This arrangement is the perfect DIY project for all ages. The three-tiered landscape allows everyone to be creative and inspired.
16. Create a Magical World with Your Broken Flower Pot
One of the simplest DIY projects is a succulent fairy garden.
Add a stairway with broken terra cotta pieces, put in a pebble path then add your succulents where you want them.
17. Build a Rustic House for Your Fairy Garden
Put a fairy house in a broken flower pot and surround it with fairies, plants and miniature accessories.
via The Whoot
18. Make an Enchanting Fairy Garden with a Hidden Castle
Reuse your broken planters to make this beautiful fairy garden.
For a classy an authentic look, real miniature trees and herbs are used for the perfect landscape.
19. Add a Secret Door to Your Miniature Fairy Garden
Secret doors are magical. They are the entrance to the perfect hideaway for fairies.
Build lasting memories with this DIY secret door miniature garden.
20. Elevate Your Porch with a Lush Succulent Fairy Garden
You can never have enough succulent fairy garden ideas.
This creative example will easily motive and inspire you.
21. Use Colorful Rocks for a Springtime Fairy Garden
Painted rock fairy gardens are a stunning piece for both indoor and outdoor displays.
Why not make the perfect centerpiece with hand-painted stones to treasure forever?
22. Repurpose Tea Cups into Classy Fairy Gardens
Teacup fairy gardens are the ideal mini garden for a windowsill or tiny nook in the house.
Take hold of a teacup to create this pretty petite frontispiece.
via Life Is a Party
23. Create an Enchanted Paradise on a Pedestal Bowl
Pedestal fairy gardens are whimsical and magical.
You can also vary the theme of your garden such as Prehistoric Dinosaurs, Mermaid Garden, Wooded Fairyland and more.
24. Make a Magical Seaside Escape with a Fairy Garden
A beach theme fairy garden is a warm invitation for creative fun.
Indeed, there are even creative ways to add to your theme like light teal sea glass, real driftwood or air plants for fun.
25. Unlock Your Imagination with a Mermaid Fairy Garden
You can have more beach fun with a miniature mermaid theme.
Simply add fairy garden miniatures and a few plants to an unused container for instant results.
26. Surprise Kids with an Enthralling Clay Pot Fairy House
Turn a few plants and some planters into miniature wonderlands filled with magical fun.
Your options are endless – select accessories to create whimsical, enchanting scenes.
via The Whoot
27. Add a Rustic Trellis to Your Fairy Garden
A fairy garden with a trellis is a popular style that features tiny plants and decorations.
Rustic miniatures are perfect for this design – aesthetic and cute.
28. Upcycle an Old Drawer into a Rustic Fairy Garden
The miniature living gardens are created with just a few basic supplies and brought to life with the simple addition of fairy accessories.
via Midwest Living
29. Create a Magical Sanctuary with a Rustic Orb Garden
The orb fairy garden is a great choice to add to your outdoor decor. With the perfect accessories, this creative display will make an outstanding feature in your garden décor.
30. Keep it Simple with a Mini Fairy Garden
Mini gardens are always charming, especially when they are designed for fairies.
31. Repurpose a Vintage Suitcase into a Dreamy Garden
You can create your own fairyland with a vintage suitcase.
Have fun designing your garden with fairies, plants, moss, ferns and other mini accessories.
32. Add Flair to Your Fairy Garden with a Wishing Well
Make a wish! – Fairy wishing wells hold a magical notion that stirs the imagination.
In fact, a wishing well is the supreme fairy garden addition for kids.
via Hobby Lobby
33. Build a Fairytale-Themed Stone House in Your Garden
This miniature fairy garden is a storybook classic.
Construct your fairy cottage and garden by using items from your own back yard like rocks, moss and ferns.
via The Whoot
34. Adorn Your Fairy Garden with a Tiny Rock Fence
This tiny rock fenced mini garden is exquisite and fun.
Kids will adore the tea time ambiance for the fairies.
35. Transform Your Fairy Garden into a Whimsical Wonderland
Create a miniature fairy garden filled with magic!
You can’t go wrong with an enchanted door, some fairies and a whimsical small garden.
via Blossom Town
36. Construct a Mini Abor for Your Fairy Garden
Delight in this beautiful mini garden with a real twig arbor. Make sure to place this lovely centerpiece where everyone can admire it.
via Cruse Avenue
37. Enjoy Fun Creativity with Lakeside Cottage Fairy Garden
Everyone loves a lakeside cottage for fairies. It is filled with a large variety of amusing items that will entertain for hours.
via Enchanting Whims
38. Turn a Rustic Wood Basket into a Fairy Garden
A fairy garden in a basket offers numerous options. Everyone will have a blast being creative and inspired.
39. Make Outdoors Come to Life with a Beach Theme Garden
Beaches are a fairies private getaway and a time to relax. Make sure to add a few toys and tiny accessories so the fairies can have fun!
40. Add Color to Your Fairy Garden with a Vibrant Hammock
Tucked away in an enchanting garden you will find a small hammock built for one special fairy.
The tiny fairy hammock is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the lovely sunny weather.
via Magic Onions
41. Upcycle a Galvanized Bucket into a Unique Fairy Garden
A bucket can be transformed into a magical place containing a unique fairy garden.
It helps create fairy garden container ideas that accent your own personal garden décor.
via Burgh Baby
42. Get a Farmhouse Look with a Cottage and Succulents
Broken pots and fairy gardens are like two peas in a pod – they are magical and inviting for all fairies.
This cottage garden creates the perfect ambiance for succulents and fairy visitors.
43. Enjoy Sweet Bird Sounds with a Bird Bath Fairy Garden
Watch the birds and the fairies enjoy this beautiful bath garden.
It is filled with wonder, awe and inspiration.
44. Create a Picturesque Miniature World in a Terracotta Pot
Another broken pot creates a new magical mini retreat for fairies. Celebrate fairy garden ideas with a terra cotta mini garden.
45. Make a Statement with a Bonsai Tree mini Garden
The bonsai tree mini garden is elegant, artistic and genuine. it is the perfect indoor fairy garden for green thumb enthusiasts.
46. Invite Wonders to Your Garden with Small Fairy House
Having a small fairy house in the garden is the ultimate way to make use of your collection of tiny treasures.
Add some real flowers and a few fairies to create an instant haven.
47. Transform a Barbecue Grill into an Alluring Fairy Garden
The BBQ theme includes large fairy garden ideas that you can put to good use. Don’t be afraid to use various tiny accessories and have fun!
48. Enjoy Beauty of Nature with Broken Clay Pot Fairy Garden
A tiered broken clay project specially made for motivation.
It is the ideal fairy garden that allows creativity and inspiration to collide.
49. Add Color to Your Fairy Garden with a Mushroom House
You can have a lot of fun creating a mushroom house fairy garden.
It is the ideal DIY project to encourage a kid’s imagination by finding objects from the yard for the mini garden.
50. Build a Rustic Bench in Your Fairy Garden
This DIY fairy garden is easy to make and requires minimal space to display.
It makes a nice centerpiece for a deck or patio and is a fun project for all ages.
51. Design a Special Retreat with a Birdhouse Fairy Garden
No garden is complete without a birdhouse or a fairy garden. Why not combine the two and create a birdhouse fairy garden?
via 1 Pure Heart
52. Make a Simple Fairy Garden in an Old Bucket
Old buckets make the perfect container for a fairy garden and numerous accessories.
It’s also the ideal play station for kids that don’t want to garden but desire to stay close to you.
via Aidie’s Hideaway
53. Repurpose a Wine Barrel into a Whimsical Fairy Garden
There’s something whimsical about finding a fairy garden within an old wine barrel.
However, a wine barrel is one of the many fairy garden pot ideas that offer inspiration for creativity.
54. Add an Old Traditional Hut to Your Garden
This cute hut fairy garden offers the perfect opportunity for creative fun time. Don’t forget to use popsicle sticks for the huts thatch roof!
via Magic Onions
55. Go Bold with a Thrifted Bird Bath Fairy Garden
Create a magical fairy garden with a thrifted bird bath theme. This fairy garden is simple to make and adds charm to your outdoor décor.
56. Create a Compact Teacup Fairy Garden
You can never have too many tea cup fairy gardens. In fact, this particular fairy teacup is amazingly whimsical, magical and fun!
via Magic Onion
57. Amaze Guests with a Fairy Village Garden Centerpiece
Making a fairy village garden is easy!
Simply select your space for the magical village and start adding fairy dwellings – next just add a few special touches.
58. Illuminate Your Garden with Entrancing Lights
Start with a fairy garden house such as a birdhouse and let your imagination go rampant.
A few small details here and there will create an enchanted place for fairies.
via Lisa’s Tea Time
59. Upgrade House Planters with DIY Fairy Garden Decor
You can have a lot of fun making a whimsical fairy house planter.
The DIY project invites inspirational ideas and a lot of creativity.
60. Repurpose a Wicker Basket into a Fairy Garden
You can easily make a miniature fairy garden with a wicker basket.
Once you have your basket just fill it with special items for your fairy garden.
61. Turn Your Fairy Garden into a Bonsai Oasis
A DIY bonsai fairy garden is actually pretty simple.
Select a bonsai tree for the project and then begin to create a magical space by adding tiny accessories.
via Lil Blue Boo
62. Add Colorful Blooms to a Wood Box Fairy Garden
This DYI project will easily inspire many fairy garden container ideas.
An old drawer is an ideal container for a fairy garden. Let the imagination do the rest.
63. Decorate Your Outdoors with a Hanging Planter Fairy Garden
Who doesn’t love a hanging garden? Add your favorite fairy accessories and you have a wonderful display.
via Dollar Tree
64. Use Small Pots for an Easy-to-Make Fairy Garden
This is one of the easiest DIY fairy garden projects.
It is ideal for small children and novice crafter.
via I Heart Nap Time
65. Embellish a Succulent Fairy Garden with a Rustic Well
This is the perfect fairy garden project if you have a few extra succulents that need to be potted.
Simply add your plants to a new pot then let your imagination run wild.
via Crafts Unleashed
66. Upcycle a Vintage Wagon into a Mobile Fairy Garden
Put an old wagon to use by constructing a unique fairy garden.
Kids will have great fun creating a large fairy garden that has lots of room.
67. Build a Contemporary Tower House for Your Fairy Garden
A tower house garden is a fairies dream. Create this enchanting fairyland by building around the perfect fairy castle.
68. Create an Enchanting Display with Little Cup Fairy Garden
Miniatures are a delightful display of fairyland. Create a magical ambiance with a little fairy cup garden.
via Little Things
69. Transform a Terrarium into an Inspiring Wonderland
Pair a fairy garden with a terrarium and you create a mystical wonderland. Try succulents instead of ferns for something new.
70. Add a Fairy Garden to the Base of a Tree
Imagine finding a fairy garden around a tree while roaming the woods. Now you can create that same ambiance at home.
71. Give Your Fairy Garden a Natural Look with a Pinecone House
Pinecone houses have to be the original fairy cottage. Recreate a fairy’s dream by building a pinecone fairy house.
72. Enhance Your Fairy Garden with a pool
A house with a pool is dreamland for a fairy.
Add some lights to the house and you’ve created a fairy retreat.
73. Create an Elegant Pathway in a Fairy Garden with Painted Rocks
A fairy garden with painted rock is a nice addition to your fairy collection. It is colorful, fun and simple to make.
74. Make Your Fairy Garden Come to Life with this Tiered Pot
The multi-level broken pot theme can be altered to suit your needs.
In fact, there are numerous tiers to work with.
75. Build a Rustic Log Fairy Garden with Elongated Houses
An elevated tree log village is the ideal way to display most all your fairy baubles.
Likewise, it is a DIY project that involves artistic endeavors and creative actions.
76. Add Some Cute Fairies in Your Mini Garden
This is a great project when you want an easy DIY fairies garden.
Primarily, select a pot, add some decorative stone and moss; choose a fairy house and let your imagination take its course.
77. Upcycle a Soda Bottle into a Modish Fairy Garden House
A soda bottle fairy garden is a great upcycle project to do with your kids.
Basically, gather items from around the house and create something new and fun!
78. Construct a Farmhouse-Inspired Fairy Garden
Loads of fun can go into creating this old house fairy garden. You can actually get as detailed as you would like.
79. Put Your Fairy Garden within a Real Garden
A fairy garden within your own garden is the ultimate enchantment. It adds fairy magic to your décor.
80. Get Ready to be Ensnared with a Caravan Fairy Garden
A modern or old-world gypsy caravan is a fantastic fairy theme. In fact, you can make several versions to your liking.
81. Celebrate Your Birthday with a Decorative Fairy Garden
Create a Happy Birthday fairy garden for a loved one.
They will be delighted that you took the time and creativity to make them such a special gift.
82. Repurpose a Vintage Wheelbarrow into a Charming Fairy Garden
Some of the best fairy garden ideas stem from the use of a wheel barrel.
It always seems to inspire certain themes like gardening, farming, western and so forth.
via The Owner
83. Turn Your Fairy Garden into a Magical Oasis with a Mini Pond
A mini pond makes a beautiful decoration for a fairy house garden.
Both novice and experienced crafters will be pleased with the results of this DIY project.
84. Unlock a World of Possibilities with Numerous Fairies
This is the ideal garden for people who love fairies. Everywhere you look you can find fairies playing in the garden.
via Plum Creek Place
85. Build a Relaxing Beach-Themed Fairy Garden
Fairies love to go to the beach. Why not build a special fun island for your fairies to enjoy?
86. Embrace Middle Earth Lore with a Fairy Garden
If you look closely, you can always find a fairy in middle earth. This tiny house is the prefect display for a garden.
87. Make a Rustic Miniature Garden in a Colorful Cup
You don’t have to have a broken teacup to make a mini garden. Get creative by making a DIY miniature garden in a cup.
88. Elevate Home Decor with a Seashell Fairy Garden
Seashells make perfect homes for fairies. Seashells also provide room for a garden and fairy accessories.
via Club Steel
89. Add Farmhouse Decor Pieces to Your Fairy Garden
When it comes to interior décor, you can’t go wrong with a farmhouse fairy garden.
Actually, a fairy farmhouse garden can be stylized to fit your desires.
via Home Be Inspired
90. Upgrade Your Fairy Garden with Vibrant Colors
Various colors are great for making a whimsical fairy house such as purple or blue. Choose as many bright hues to create a multi-colored ambiance.
91. Create an Idyllic Miniature World in a Terrarium
Miniature terrariums make great fairy gardens. In fact, you can even add real plants and fairy décor.
via Bea Fun Mum
92. Make a Seaside Fairy Garden with Turquoise
If you like the color turquoise, then this fairy garden is for you. Actually, the color turquoise can inspire garden ideas for your fairies.
93. Build a Rustic Gourd House for Your Fairy Garden
Gourds have always been a popular craft item. As a matter of fact, they make a wonderful fairy garden house that is easily decorated.
94. Go Adventurous with a Magical Fairy Garden
Fairy wonderland is the ultimate fairy garden. The wide-open space leaves ample room for your imagination and creativity.
95. Turn Mini Planters into Succulent Fairy Gardens
These mini pot succulent gardens are the perfect fairy display. Each pot contains individual scenes for a fairy home.
via DIY Cozy Home
96. Give Your Fairy Garden a Unique Look with Pebbles
Small fairy garden ideas are created from themes like this pebbles fairy garden – unique, creative and inspiring. They are a joy to make!
via Garden Aware
97. Personalize Your Fairy Garden with a Gnome Home
Fairy gardening can also include gnomes. This gnome home is the perfect example!
98. Place Your Fairy Garden int the Backyard
It appears that the tiny fairies have actually taken up residence.