If you’re heading out to get a tree to decorate and brighten the spirit in your home but want to do something unique and outstanding this year, we’re here to help.
We’ve compiled a list of very interesting, out of the ordinary, simply dashing Christmas trees from all over, to give you some ideas.
1. Bring Rustic Elegance with a Newspaper Christmas Tree
A shiny gold Christmas tree, made from recycled newspapers, commands attention in any room.
2. Add Holiday Cheer with Frosted Fraser Fir Christmas Tree
The tree is absolutely gorgeous and very sturdy. The owls and pine cones look so natural on the tree as if the tree was in the forest covered in snow.
3. Transform Vintage Book Pages into Rustic Christmas Tree
4. Deck the Halls with a Burlap Christmas Tree
These burlap trees are made out of 3 simple pieces of wood attached at the top in a teepee or “tree” shape. Then stapled lights on the insides of the of the “wood tree”. After the lights were attached they are wrapped with burlap & kept it together with hot glue.
via Liz Marie
5. Get Creative with Black and White Ribbon Christmas Tree
In an effort not to break the bank, I tried to make a lot of the new decorations. One thing that caught my eye this season was the ribbon Christmas trees we’ve seen so often.
via Whipper Berry
6. Light Up Your Home with a Corner Wall Christmas Tree
This rustic Christmas tree will add a decorative accent to any corner of your home.
If you are crafty, you could decorate the wood more with Christmas lights before topping it with a wooden, gold or silver star.
7. Decorate with Rustic Woodland Hanging Christmas Tree
This organic tree is a great way to bring the outdoors inside during the holidays and is a real space saver.
Dress it up as much or as little as you want to create the perfect focal point for the holidays.
via Cox & Cox
8. Extant Centerpiece with Pouring Ornaments Basket
One of the most unique Christmas tree ideas that is sure to keep your visitors talking.
This whimsical floating DIY design can be completely customized in any Christmas colors that strike your fancy.
9. Add a Touch of Class with Wine Bottles Christmas Tree
If you are an avid wine lover and you have been stockpiling a lot of empty bottles, this is the tree for you.
Although not kid-friendly, this unique Christmas tree would be a real eye-catcher at any adult holiday party.
10. Make Christmas Bright with Sparkling Upside Down Tree
This one-of-a-kind whimsical Christmas tree will leave guests to your home staring and wondering just how you got it to stay.
You can decorate the tree to match all your other home decor and even attach presents to the ceiling.
11. Transform Your Gifts into an Elegant Christmas Tree
Everyone sits presents under the tree during the holidays, but using empty wrapped presents to create your tree…Brilliant!
This special holiday tree is a great space saver and presents can be wrapped to match any type of decor.
12. Illuminate Home with a White Butterflies Christmas Tree
Far from traditional, this holiday tree made from paper butterflies strung together to form a tree shape is a whimsical home edition.
Consider using colorful butterflies to match your other holiday home decor to make this design your own.
via YOO Design
13. Add Depth to a Home with Wooden Slats Christmas Tree
This rustic DIY Christmas tree is a real eye-catcher.
The best part about it is that you can change the way the central design of the tree itself appears from year to year.
via Muttis Blog
14. Enchant Home with a Halloween-Themed Christmas Tree
If you are one of the many who believes Halloween does not last long enough, carry the spirit of Halloween over to your Christmas tree.
A black tree with purple accents is perfect to pull off this look, adorned in traditional Halloween colors and accented with traditional Halloween decor.
15. Impress Guests with a Christmas Village Display Tree
Why not combine your Christmas Village display with your Christmas tree?
This is a unique and easy way to display your entire village in one location and take up less room.
Learn more: Here
16. Bring Rustic Charm with a Ladder Ornaments Tree
A painters ladder creates the perfect shape for a one-of-kind tree.
Simply add string across the rungs of the ladder and hang decor to match the rest of your home and it is sure to be a hit.
17. Make Home Sparkle with Lighted Boxwood Garland Tree
So simple to complete, so gorgeous to look at and so cost-efficient.
This unique space-saving holiday addition is a must if you live in a small space and have a small budget, but still want the look and feel of the traditional Christmas tree.
18. Get Inspired by Nature with a Cactus Christmas Tree
Perfect for those that live in an arid climate where the weather stays warm year-round.
Wrap a cactus in natural pine garland or some shimmery garland, decorate and add some lights to create your own Christmas cactus.
via Hey Wanderer
19. Add Lasting Charm to Your Tree with a Penguin Slide
This whimsically decorated tree is sure to be a hit with the kids.
You could make it your own by using other stuffed animals or even dolls.
20. Customize Your Christmas Tree with Kids Toys
Design this tree to be a unique holiday edition for your kids.
Decorate the tree with their favorite toys, colors, and even their names to personalize this one-of-a-kind tree.
21. Add Color with a Candy and Lollipop Christmas Tree
This colorful and whimsical tree is a modern addition to your holiday decor.
This fun tree can be decorated with any type of sweets and treats in colors of your choice.
22. Celebrate Christmas with Grinch-Inspired Christmas Tree
The Grinch is one of the most iconic holiday characters, so why not use his likeness to enhance your tree.
Make cut-outs and attach them to your tree to make it look like the Grinch is attempting to steal your Christmas.
23. Jazz Up Decor with a Vibrant Led Ladder Christmas Tree
Another painter’s ladder design using some red paint and some slats of wood instead of string.
It is another way to display your Christmas Village complete with lights and other decor.
24. Celebrate Winter Wonderland with a Frozen Ladder Tree
This unique Christmas tree idea uses a painter’s ladder colored blue and slats of wood wrapped and dripping in white felt.
Another colorful idea for displaying your Christmas Village or other holiday decor.
25. Stun with Style with a Pink-Themed Christmas Tree
Starting with a pink Christmas tree to pull off this whimsical modern tree.
Add accents, ribbons, and lights in the colors of your choice for the perfect effect.
26. Get the Vintage Victorian Look with Lace and Pastels
Combine old vintage decorations to a tinsel tree in Victorian era pastels and lace. A simple, yet beautiful and dainty, way to dress up your holidays.
27. Maximize Your Space with a Sparkly Wall Tree
The perfect one-of-a-kind tree for those that live in small spaces, but still want the feel of the holidays.
Simple and inexpensive, this tree can be made and completely decorated in just an hour or two.
28. Add a Rugged Appeal with Wine Corks Christmas Tree
What’s better than a Christmas tree made out of wine bottles?…one made out of the corks!
This project will make a great centerpiece on your table or bar for the holidays.
29. Make a Statement with a Red Dress Decor Accent
If you are into fashion, use this idea to replace your traditional Christmas tree.
This unique Christmas tree idea is sure to be a showpiece when guests come over to visit.
30. Celebrate with a Beauty and the Beast Themed Tree
One of the most beloved couples of all time, add this whimsical and fun twist to your DIY decor.
You could even create your favorite couple by using other fairy-tale characters for inspiration.
31. Add Intrigue to Your Walls with a Village Display
This unique wood shelving unit is perfect for showcasing your decor during the holidays and every day after the Christmas season is over.
Wrap the wooden dowels in festive ribbon, add cotton to the shelves for snow and decorate the shelves with your Christmas Village or other holiday decor.
32. Add Glamour and Personality with a Library Tree
If you are an avid reader with a lot of books laying around, this is the tree for you.
Simple, creative and an inexpensive way to add holiday appeal to a reading nook or in-home library.
33. Upcycle Egg Cartons into Classic Green Christmas Tree
Another inexpensive and simple way to create a unique tree.
If you have been saving up egg cartons or have time to before Christmas, try out this true unusual and whimsical design.
34. Indulge in the Lavish Look of a Gold Pillow Tree
DIY your own pillows in fabrics and then stack them together to form the softest Christmas tree ever.
A very modern take on traditional decor.
via Lunivers Dellez
35. Bring Farmhouse Charm with Clothespin Christmas Tree
This small tree is the perfect addition to your holiday table as a centerpiece. Top with a DIY bow or wooden star.
via Clover House
36. Spruce Up Your Decor with a Lighted Snowman Tree
Make your tree look like one of the most recognizable characters of the Christmas season.
The kids are sure to love a snowman in the house that will not melt.
37. Create a Magical Holiday with a Rainbow Christmas Tree
What about the latest trend in Christmas decorations? Rainbow Christmas Trees!
It’s quite unusual and challenging to incorporate in a more traditional home decor, but if you would like something bold, why not?
Learn more: Here
38. Embellish a Christmas Tree with Chic Snowman Decor
The tree was just too pretty to put anything on it. When I first saw it made me think of a big snowman so that’s what it became – said Karen.
39. Rustic Atmosphere with an Upcycled Christmas Tree
When you live in a bushfire area where the land is so dry like in NSW Australia your best option is to create an extraordinary upcycled Christmas tree.
40. Show Style with Harry Potter-Themed Christmas Tree
Are you a real fan of Harry Potter? If so, this one is just for you. You can start with the unique tree topper – a sorcerer’s hat and then continue with all the magical ornaments that you could find.
41. Be Bold and Creative with a Bended Top Christmas Tree
If your tree is too tall here is a creative idea – bend the top! Looks really impressive and unique. It would be too difficult to bend a real tree, so a fake one will do the job.
42. Accentuate Your Christmas Tree with a Rustic Village
“I worked on my parents Christmas village today, they do the tree and I do the village, the fence is very old and was under my mom’s parents tree, the village is ceramic buildings and lots of the trees have working tiny lights, also a few lawn ornaments light up as well.
The first few pictures show the basic layout, I use styrofoam from the house boxes to make different height layers and then cover with snow, thus adding height as well as a place to hide all the wiring and power cords.
Then I took a few pictures after the lighting is complete, I use buffalo snow (looks like quilt batting but made for holiday decorating) to hide any wires as well as make the transitions of height look more natural.
I make it different every year and hope you enjoy seeing my thought process and work 🌲🌲🌲😁😁😁 new this year we’re some pink flamingos for mom 🦩🦩🦩😁😁😁” – says Mike.
43. Stand Out with a Sea Glass Christmas Tree
44. Unleash Creativity with a Dirty Laundry Christmas Tree
“The best way to avoid doing the washing – turn it into a Christmas tree 🎄 it’s free 😜 I’ll wash this after Christmas or maybe the “elf on the shelf” can help me 🤣”