When Christmas time is in the air, everywhere people are looking for DIY decor from Christmas ornaments to Christmas outfits.
Making your own DIY Christmas ornaments will save you a lot of money, boost your creativity and create a fun activity for your kids.
Sometimes even the weirdest ideas could turn into memorable items that will make you smile each time you take a look at your unique Christmas tree.
1. Make Your Christmas Tree Merry with Acorn Cap Ornament
The adorable acorn cap Christmas tree ornament is the perfect addition to any nature-based Christmas tree.
2. Customize Your Christmas Tree with Birch Ornaments
The ability for this ornament to be customized makes it a perfect one-of-a-kind DIY ornament.
via Shanty 2 Chic
3. Decorate in Style with a Birdseed Ornament
This cute Christmas tree shaped ornament made from natural birdseed makes the perfect addition to your Christmas tree.
4. Hang Exclusive Black, White and Gold Ornament on Your Tree
This Black, White and Gold ornament gives nice couture looking touch to your tree.
5. Delight Family and Friends with Reindeer Bottle Cap Ornaments
Add a cute touch to your Christmas tree with these reindeers constructed from bottle caps and red pipe cleaners.
via Make Great
6. Make Rustic Snowman Ornaments with Bottle Caps
This bottle cap snowman idea is the perfect addition of cute for your holiday tree.
7. Get a Classic Christmas Tree Look with Broken CDs
Add a classic, snowy look to your Christmas tree with these ornaments constructed from a broken CD.
8. Add Rustic Charm to Your Tree with Burlap Ornaments
Check out these cute, classic country looking Burlap Ornaments constructed with burlap and red ribbon.
9. Get festive with Burlap Reindeer ornaments
Like that burlap look but want something with a touch of cute. Check out these burlap reindeer shaped ornaments.
10. Give a Christmas Tree a New Look with Round Butter Cookies
The round butter cookie hung with ribbon is a simple Christmas ornament.
11. Add a Unique Sparkle to Your Tree with Candy Ornaments
Utilizing glass candy to construct round and Christmas shaped ornaments adds a nice glistening touch.
via Frugal Mom Eh
12. Bring a Classic Christmas Feel with Cardboard Snowflakes
Snowflakes are a classic part of Christmas. These DIY constructed cardboard snowflakes are super simple to create.
13. Upcycle Chalkboards into Rustic Christmas Ornaments
These chalkboard ornaments add a farmhouse touch to the classic Christmas tree.
14. Transform Ordinary Glass Ball Ornaments with Chalk Art
Constructed by painting red chalk board paint on a glass ball ornament, these cute colorful chalkboard ornaments add a cute modern touch.
via 36 Avenue
15. Bring Christmas Cheer with Customized Ball Ornaments
Wish everyone a Merry Christmas with your chalkboard painted round orament that says it all.
16. Organize Your Holiday with a Christmas List Ornament
Add a memorable touch to your Christmas tree with this cute ornament that you can put your childs Christmas list on!
via Honey Bearlane
17. Decorate with a Winter Wonderland Glass Ornament
Make a Christmas scene inside of a glass ball ornament with these cute Christmas looking glass DIY ornaments.
via Downtime Upcycle
18. Add a Splash of Christmas Red to Your Tree with Ribbons
Add a spark of red color to your Christmas tree with these super easy, bow-tied ribbon ornaments.
19. Create Unique Christmas Tree with Cinnamon and Fir
By using cinnamon and fir tree make these super adorable ornaments.
via Woman’s Day
20. Beautify Your Holiday Display with Mini Christmas Wreaths
Shrink a festive classic by making these mini Christmas Wreath ornaments.
21. Create Beautiful Salt Dough Ornaments
If you enjoy baking and enjoy making cute Christmas tree ornaments check out these shaped salt dough ornaments.
22. Give Your Home a Vintage Look with a Clothespins Snowflake
These are super adorable ornaments constructed by using old school style clothespins and white paint.
23. Make Cute Christmas Tree Ornaments with Cookie Cutters
Utilize simple cookie cutters that are easy to find to create this ornament.
24. Spread Joy with Wooden Cork Angel Ornaments
Make some angel look alike Christmas ornaments using ribbon, cork and wooden balls!
25. Add a Special Touch to Decor with Cornucopia Ornaments
Make these cute cornucopia ornaments from brown paper, burlap ribbon and red christmas mistletoe!
26. Transform Popsicle Sticks into Adorable Snowmen
Make these adorable snowmen by painting popsicle sticks white and putting cute paper top hats on them!
27. Adorn Your Tree with Popsicle Stick Hats
Construct cute little Christmas themed top hats by using popscicle sticks and red buttons.
28. Craft Styrofoam Ball Ornaments
By using red ribbon and painted craft styrofoam, you can DIY some super simple and cute Christmas ball ornaments
29. Create Pink Cupcake Ornaments for Your Christmas Tree
Using craft balls, pink paint and glitter, make these super cute cupcake shaped ornaments! Add a flash of pink to the holiday season!
via Miss Nelsons Got the Camera
30. Upgrade Your Holiday Decor with Cotton Ball Bears
Using Christmas ball ornaments and gluing white cotton balls on you can make bear ornaments.
31. Dip Your Ornaments in Glitter for a Glossy Look
These simply designed, glass Christmas ornaments dipped in glitter add a bit of sparkle and flash!
via A Joyful Riot
32. Make Elegant Star Ornaments using Cardboard
Reuse some of your cardboard from boxes and turn them into these star shaped Christmas ornaments.
33. Upcycle Cardboards into DIY Christmas Tree Ornament
These cute Christmas tree shaped ornaments are constructed using old cardboard and ribbon.
34. Get a Luxurious Look with Glitter Ball Ornaments
These inspiring ornaments are made by using glass ball ornaments, with printed sayings dipped with glitter.
35. Make Your Christmas Tree Glimmer with Gold Leaf
Add a splash of couture to your tree with these round ornaments dipped in gold leaf.
36. Customize Ornaments with Gold Monogrammed Initials
Make personalized ornaments by painting and monogramming your initials on the side.
via Sugar and Cloth
37. Make Your Tree Sparkle with Sugar Icicle Ornaments
Using sugar and pipe cleaners, make these super cute icicle ornaments to hang from your tree.
via Amanda Katherine
38. Design Outstanding Indigo Marble Ornaments
Glass ornaments filled with multi colored paints and rolling them makes these super cute and simple ornaments.
via Alice and Lois
39. Rediscover The Charm Of Classic Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
These classic Christmas tree ornaments are constructed using fabric glued to mason jar lids.
via Erin Spain
40. Add Classic Elegance to a Tree with Mercury Glass Ornaments
Add a classic touch of gold to your Christmas tree with these mercury marbled glass ornaments.
41. Upcycle Paper Toilet Rolls into Sparkling Star Ornaments
Make super cute flowers from an object that can easily be found around the house! Paper toilet rolls cut into small pieces and glued together!
via Blog a la Cart
42. Refresh Your Home Decor with DIY Pearl Ornaments
By gluing fake pearls to a round ornament you can get a classic, old looking ornament super cheap and super easy!
43. Personalize Glass Ball Ornaments with Custom Sayings
Add a touch of personalization to your tree with these DIY glass ornaments.
44. Add Color to Ball Ornaments with Pom Poms
Super simple to make by just gluing multicolored pom poms to a glass ornament these adorable ornaments add a pop of color to any Christmas decoration.
via North Story
45. Add a Rustic Touch with Simple Wood Ornaments
Using simple pieces of wood, painted with distressed looking paint, adds a rustic touch to your tree ornaments.
via Dream Design DIY
46. Sparkle Your Ornaments with Colorful Sequins
To add a flash of color, glue sequins to a round ornament!
via The 3rs blog
47. Make a Rustic Stable Ornament with Popsicle Sticks
Add the reason for the season to your tree with this ornament made out of popsicle sticks to look like a nativity scene.
48. Create Rustic Star Ornaments using Yarn
Add the Christmas star to your tree in a rustic way with these yarn wrapped ornaments.
via Live Laugh Rowe
49. Transform Cheap Ornaments into Designer Decor
Repainting and redecorating Dollar Store ornaments can add a new, more expensive looking touch to a cheap ornament.
50. Create Snow-Filled Ornaments with Dollar Store Buckets
Using cute little buckets you can find at any Dollar Store, make these cute snow filled looking ornaments with cotton balls.
51. Get Creative with String Ball Ornaments
Gluing string to a balloon, then popping the balloon easily makes these super cute round string ornaments.
via One Crazy Mom
52. Craft a Festive Centerpiece with DIY Donut Ornaments
Add a touch for the sweets lovers in your life with these donut shaped, pink DIY ornaments.
via 365 Designs
53. Plot Santa’s Path with a Decoupage Map Ornament
Use old maps and santa stickers to construct the scene of Santa delivering presents on the side of a round Christmas ornament.
54. Light Up Christmas with Sequin Covered Ornaments
These sequin covered ornaments add a large splash of color to your Christmas tree.
55. Make a Melted Snowman using Salt and Small Black Beads
Create a melted snowman using salt and small black beads.
via My Creative Days
56. Give Ornaments a Classy Look with Epsom Salt
Gluing epson salt to the sides of a glass ornament gives a classic look.
via My Uncommons Lice of Suburbia
57. Create Personalized Ornaments with Birch Tree Etching
These ornaments are made by etching designs in sayings in slices of birch tree!
via Design Mom
58. Add Festive Cheer with a Felt Christmas Tree Garland
By making square pieces of felt, stacked starting with the larger on the bottom creates a Christmas tree-shaped ornament.
59. Construct a Colorful Felt Coffee Cup Ornament
For the coffee lovers in your life, construct these super cute, felt, Starbucks cup-shaped coffee cups.
60. Unwrap Festive Magic with Felt Ornament Circles
Create the classic ornament shape with these cute felt circles decorated with Christmas scenes.
via Cutesy Crafts
61. Get Crafty this Christmas with French Macaron Ornaments
Using salt dough, make these cute macaron shaped ornaments that add a touch of color!
62. Classic Christmas Scene with Frosted Pinecone Ornaments
By using glitter and pine cones you can make super cute frosted pine cone ornaments that add a glittery pop to any tree!
63. Turn Popsicles into Frozen-Inspired Ornaments
Snowflakes made from popsicle sticks and light blue ribbon are the perfect addition for a Frozen inspired Christmas tree.
64. Add Extra Dazzle with Gem Studded Ornaments
By using gems to stud these classic round ornaments, it creates an expensive flashy ornament from something simple.
65. Accessorize with Glinting Pear-Shaped German Glass
By utilizing german glass, and pear-shaped ornaments, these sparkly ornaments turn out super cute!
66. Create a Colorful Ornament using Gift Bows
Collect all of your gift bows this year and glue them together to create a perfectly adorable gift bow ornament.
via All Things GD
67. Decorate Your Christmas Tree with Gingerbread Ornaments
By using dried gingerbread and red ribbon, these cute ornaments add a classic touch to your tree.
via Tre Asureina Near Then Vessel
68. Create Glitter Letters for a Festive Holiday Display
By gluing glitter to cardboard letters and hanging them from red ribbon, you create a super cuter personalized ornament.
69. Glamorize Your Tree with Glitter Monogrammed Ornaments
To add a unique touch, try these monogram ornaments that have been coated in glitter to add an extra flash.
70. Make a Glittering Christmas Tree with Popsicle Sticks
By gluing popsicle sticks to look like a Christmas tree, and sequins to look like ornaments, you can create a super cute Christmas tree look alike.
71. Get Classic Couture Ornaments with Gold and White Paint
Create a classic couture looking ornament by using gold and white paint to decorate classic round Christmas ornaments.
via Blog Lovin
72. Brighten Your Holidays with Easy DIY Gumdrop Ornaments
By hanging dried gumdrops from a Christmas tree you can create a colorful, easy DIY ornament.
73. Add a Colorful Touch to Your Tree with Gumdrop Pomander
Glue dried gumdrops together to create a flower shape! This creates a super cute and easy DIY ornament.
via My Blessed Life
74. Delight Guests with Cinnamon Ornaments
If you love to bake and love cute Christmas ornaments then these cookie constructed and iced cookie ornaments are perfect for you!
75. Transform Paper into Creative Ball Ornaments
By using paper and gluing the paper in ball form you can DIY a cute ball-shaped ornament.
76. Hang a Shiny Hope Ornament on Your Christmas Tree
Using Christmas themed ribbon or string, string together glitter dipped letters to create cute Christmas sayings.
77. Create a Classy Mini Wreath Ornament with Jingle Bells
Using mini jingle bells, you can make a cute wreath shaped jingle bell ornament!
78. Make Modish Christmas Ornaments with Jingle Bells
Using gold and silver pipe cleaners glued in a bow shape with a jingle bell on the ends of the pipe cleaners creates an adorable Christmas ornament.
79. Wrap Burlap Fiber Around a Glass Ball
By wrapping burlap fiber string around a glass ball you can make these super rustic looking ornaments.
via Diva of DIY
80. Upcycle K Cups into Decorative Snowman Hats
Reuse old washed k cups and wrap them with colored ribbon and buttons if you like. This creates snowmen hat ornaments!
via Pitter and Glink
81. Give Your Decorations a Twist With Kade Spade Ornaments
Create modern and adorable ornaments with these small, monogrammed round ornaments with thick ribbon to hang them!
82. Create a Customized Ornament with Scrabble Tiles
Looking for an intelligent touch to your Christmas. Check out these cute ornaments made from old scrabble tiles!
via Crafts by Amanda
83. Transform Mason Jar Lids into Rustic Burlap Wreaths
Wrap old mason jar lids with ribbon and hang with burlap fiber string to make a wreath looking Christmas ornament.
84. Elevate Home Decor with Buffalo Plaid Mason Jar Lids
Glue buffalo plaid in the back of mason jar lids then decorate with classic Christmas themed designs to create these cute ornaments.
85. Show Your Creativity with Cookie Cutter and Parchment Paper
Use cookie cutters and parchment paper, then fill the cookie cutters with beads and bake. This melts the beads together create cute, colorful Christmas ornaments.
86. Give Ornaments a Suave Look with Melted Crayons
By filling glass Christmas ornaments with melted crayons, you can create colorful easy to do holiday decorations.
via Heather Ednest
87. Create Urbane Christmas Ornaments with Melted Peppermint
Melt peppermints into shapes to create these super cute Christmas ornaments.
via Hello Homebody
88. Upcycle a Pallet into a Unique Deer Ornament
Create these rustic Christmas decorations using reclaimed wood and white paint.
89. Embellish Your Tree with Small Crocheted Hats
Crochet these mini snowmen winter hats to create these super adorable mini Christmas ornaments.
90. Personalize a Classic Ornament with Monogram Letters
Add a nice modern, personalized touch to a classic Christmas ball. These monogrammed ornaments are perfect for your tree.
91. Celebrate Musical Classics with Eye-Catching Ornaments
Use old music sheets cut in the shape of stars and glued to cardboard to create these ornaments for the music lovers in your life.
92. Bring Nature Indoors with Glass Ball Ornaments
Fill glass Christmas balls with natural elements to create these simple ornaments.
93. Impress Your kids with a Ninja Turtle Ornament
Using felt and green Christmas ornament balls you can make ninja turtle ornaments for the child in your life.
via A Few Shortcuts
94. Make Adorable Paper Christmas Baubles
Glue together cardstock and string together to shape a ball to create these colorful Christmas ornaments.
95. Transform Cardstock into Rustic Snowflake Ornaments
Make paper cardstock snowflakes to hang from your Christmas tree to add a classic touch.
96. Upcycle Paper Straws into a Unique Snowflake
Use colored straws, cut them and glue them in the shape of a snowflake!
97. Capture Your Pet’s Paw Print for a Classy Ornament
Remember your pets by using salt dough and step your pets paw into it to create a memorable Christmas ornament.
via Dog Vills
98. Make Your Christmas Tree Stand Out with Photos
Print cute photos to hang from your tree for a cute personalized Christmas ornament.
99. Get a Unique Touch on Your Tree with Pine Cones
Use natural pinecones with cute ribbon bows to add a natural touch to your Christmas ornaments.
via Make it Love it
100. Elevate Your Ornaments with Pistachio Nuts
Use old pistachio shells glued or strung together to create this pine cone look-alike Christmas ornament.
101. Utilize Buffalo Plaid for to Make Homey Ornaments
Glue buffalo check fabric to classic round ornaments to create an adorable simple Christmas ornament.
102. Create a Rustic Twig and Plaid Snowflake
Use twigs to make a snowflake shape. Then decorate with ribbon and glitter!
103. Make a Cute Snowman Face with Shiny Glass Ball Ornament
By glittering the inside of a glass ornament and painting a snowman face on the outside, you can DIY a super cute ornament.
via Craft E Corner
104. Add Color to Your Pinecone Ornaments with Pom Poms
Gluing mini pom-poms to a pine cone, you can make little Christmas tree-shaped natural looking ornaments.
105. Create a Festive Treat Ornament with Popcorn
By filling a glass ball ornament with popped popcorn you can create a super simple but super cute ornament.
via Crafts a la Mode
106. Transform Plain Popsicle Sticks into Vintage Sleds
By using popsicle sticks you can make super cute old looking sleds for your Christmas tree.
107. Upcycle Old Puzzle Pieces into a Rustic Reindeer Ornament
Use cute old puzzle pieces painted brown to create reindeer shaped ornaments!
108. Construct a Rustic Christmas Tree with Ribbon-Tied Stick
Use ribbon, tied to a stick, shaped like a Christmas tree to construct DIY super cute ornaments.
109. Craft a Shiny Christmas Tree with Rolled Paper
By rolling and gluing together paper beads, you can then use it to make Christmas tree shaped ornaments!
via Home Talk
110. Make a Bird Nest Ornament with a Rustic Log
Using a hollowed out rustic log these super cute bird nest shaped ornaments can be DIY easily.
via Dandelion Patina
111. Get Creative with Arrow Shaped Ornaments
Using twigs, felt and small beads you can construct these simple arrow-shaped ornaments.
112. Create a Festive Atmosphere with Salt Dough Ornaments
Salt dough ornaments can be shaped into any Christmas theme and are very versatile
via All Recipes
113. Turn Glass Baubles into Santa-Themed Ornaments
These clear glass ornaments are filled with red or white paper to either create an adorable snowman or a Santa coat.
114. Evoke Nostalgia with Sesame Street Ornaments
Filling glass ornaments with colored paper, you can attach or paint sesame street themed paper on the outside!
115. Make a Classic Christmas Ornament with Sheet Music
Filling glass ornaments with old sheet music creates a classic and beautiful ornament.
116. Build Wood Sled Ornaments with Popsicle Sticks
Using classic brown popsicle sticks you can glue them together to create cute sleds.
117. Personalized Snow Globe Ornaments with Kids Photos
Using photos and clear ornaments you can DIY construct memory ornaments of pictures of your children or fur children!
118. Create a Wintery Scene with a Snow Globe Ornament
Take a clear ornament and fill with white snow and a mini Christmas tree to create a cute Christmas scene in an ornament.
via Darice Blog
119. Add Glamor to a Tree with a Snow White-Themed Ornament
Using a half gold, half blue sequined christmas ornament, you can construct a super simple and super cute snow white ornament.
120. Paint Snowmen on Your Ornaments with Fingers
Using your finger you can paint snowmen on the side of a round ornament. Then paint the black buttons and orange carrot nose on your fingerprint to create adorable snowmen!
121. Transform Your Light Bulbs into Classy Snowmen Ornaments
Old lightbulbs make the perfect snowman body. Remove the filament and paint the inside white, then paint a snowman on the outside and glue twigs for arms!
via Kelsey Bang
122. Brighten Up Your Home with Battery Operated Tea Lights
Using battery operate tea lights as snowmen face, you can glue cute little hats and ribbon on to shape the shape of snowmen!
123. Create Snowmen Ornaments with Rustic Wood Slices
Using slices of wood, painted white with snowmen faces you can create rustic snowmen.
124. Transform Ordinary Peanuts into Festive Ornaments
Paint peanuts white with colorful hats to create snowmen shaped ornaments.
via Ever Mine
125. Create Colorful Ornaments with Sprinkle-Filled Baubles
By filling clear Christmas ornaments with sprinkles you can create colorful ornaments.
via Gimme Some Oven
126. Personalized Ball Ornaments with Burlap Wrapping
Old burlap can be attached to the side of a round Christmas ornament creating a classic, rustic but simple ornament.
via Bliss Bloom
127. Repurpose an Old Sweater into a Rustic Star Ornament
Using old sweater material or burlap cut into star-shaped and sewed on the sides you can DIY very interesting ornaments.
128. Decorate Your Tree with Adorable Cupcake Ornaments
Old styrofoam balls glued to cupcake cups, with a cute fake cherry on top creates super adorable cupcake shaped ornaments.
129. Go Bold with a Tactical Ammo Ornament
Place a bullet and some natural items in a clear glass ornament for the perfect gift for your gun-loving loved one.
via A Thrifty Mom
130. Transform a Ball into a Grinch-Themed Ornament
How about a green painted ornament with green feathers on top. A perfect grinch ornament.
via Mom 4 Real
131. Beautiful Flower Ornaments from Recycled Toilet Paper
By cutting a toilet paper roll into pieces, you can glue them together in many shapes and create flowers, or anything Christmas themed! Coat with sparkles for an extra shine.
via Design Dazzle
132. Make a Rustic Christmas Tree with Dried Twigs
Use old, dried twigs glued together as cute Christmas tree ornaments.
via Michele Made Me
133. Create a Rustic Snowflake Ornament with Twigs
Use twigs glued together in a snow flake shape to create small snowflake ornaments.
via U Create Crafts
134. Get Creative with Christmas Twig Ornaments
Twig ornaments can also be glued together in many other shapes such as a star or snowflake.
via The DIY Dreamer
135. Add Timeless Rustic Charm with a Twine Ball Ornament
Twine ball ornaments are simple to make and make a cute, old school rustic looking ornament.
via Thinking Closet
136. Celebrate Christmas with Burlap Wreath Ornaments
By wrapping twine around a round object you can make a twine wreath ornament.
137. Express Your Creativity with Decoupaging Round Ornaments
Decoupaging old newspapers to a round ornament creates the perfect, cute ornament. Add a red ribbon on top for an extra touch.
138. Give Round Ornaments a Classy Look with Washi Tape
Washi tape on the outside of a round ornament creates the cutest, simple and couture looking ornament.
139. Craft an Adorable Reindeer Ornament with Wine Corks
Shape wine corks into the shape of a reindeer then glue a cute red button to his nose to make Rudolph!
140. Upcycle Wine Corks into Reindeer Face Ornaments
Take a wine cork and glue a reindeer face on it, using pipe cleaners as the horn, it creates a super adorable reindeer ornament.
141. Upgrade Wood Slice Ornaments with Twine and Nails
Using small wood slices and small nails with colored yarn wrapped around you can create a super cute Christmas ornament.
142. Personalize Wood Slice Ornaments with Your Photos
Decoupaging family photos to the side of a slice of wood makes memorable ornaments to keep forever!
143. Make a Rustic Wreath Ornament with Wood Slices
Taking small slices of a twig and gluing them together in a circle creates cute little wood slice wreaths. Spice them up with a red ribbon!
via Thrifty and Chic
144. Create an Adorable Bear Ornament with Felt
Sew felt in bear shape and stuff creating a super perfect bear ornament. Don’t forget the red scarf and button eyes.
via Lia Griffith
145. Utilize Yarn to Add Color and Flair to Your Round Ornaments
Yarn tightly glued around a round ornament make adorable and simple DIY ornaments.
via My Sparkle